Let's see those 71 - 73 Mustang motors

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
man that is ridiculous! And people have the nerve to say the big Mustangs suck?

Please....

VERY IMPRESSIVE

How much was the March Serpentine System? What's the part#?
WOW, very impressed. I have A 351 cleveland also and want to stoke it to a 408 like yours. Where did you get the serpentine system at and how many horsepower are expecting from this motor.

I have a 1973 351C 2v that was freshened up with some gaskets, rebuilt carb, plugs, wires, ect. The only upgrade is the hooker headers.

before

100_0110.jpg

after

Photo_020508_002.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg
Yeah, but that'sone fine detail job Jason!

Still have some detailing/painting and a couple parts to replace, but here's mine:

IMG_2984 by JJR329, on Flickr

IMG_2973 by JJR329, on Flickr
Sweet!!

351C stroked to 408

Just your typical "STOCK" rebuild:

Comp cam Hydrualic Roller

.663/.638 Lift w/ 1.73 Rocker

236/242 @ .050

108 Lobe Center

AFD SP4V heads specially cut for my CR

Harlan Sharp Roller Rockers

Manly Valves with Titanium keepers

Ceramic Powder coated weiand X-Celerator intake

Ceramic Powder coated headers 4v

FORGED 4340 4.000" STROKER CRANKSHAFT

FORGED 4340 6.000" H-BEAM RODS w/ ARP CAP-SCREWS

FORGED FLAT TOP PISTONS 10.8 CR

JE FILE-TO-FIT MOLY RING SET (PITA)

CLEVITE H SERIES MAIN & ROD BEARINGS

DIGITALLY BALANCED WITHIN 1/2 GRAM

850 DP Holley Carb

Holley fuel pump

Milodon 8 qt oil pan

Melling oil pump

All ARP bolts

Mallory Comp 9000 Dizzy with Hyfire 6box

Blaster epoxy filled coil

March Serpentine system

I'm sure I'm leaving something out but thats a start
Roy, you win the SHINE AWARD!! :udaman:

Man, you guys are killing me. Mine is on a stand, greased cylinders, no heads or anything else. Wrapped in a garbage bag!!

You just wait though! :p

Was that a 370 peak I saw? Great Vid and nice work!!

Last edited by a moderator:
here are a few pictures of my 351B engine.

the engine is a beast!!

enjoy :)

abudi

DSC00617.jpg

P1030401.jpg

P1060974.jpg

P1060976.jpg

me too nice engine and stand. i would love to make one for my engine while i restore my mach

e7frtd.jpg

Going to be upgrading soon to an Air Gap manifold. I rebuilt the engine a few years ago. It's running a H-278-2 Crane cam, headers and flat top pistons. Changed out the Autolite carb to an Edelbrock 750 using a Trans-dapt adapter for the 460. It runs surprisingly well, but I'm sure I will like it even more with the Air Gap once it's on it!

1973 351C 4 bolt main Q code block with 1971 M code head converted to screw in studs, crane roller rockers, comp cams 282S with .570 lift, Edelbrock Torker intake, Holley 700CFM Double pumper, 1 piece stainless steel, undercut valves with a multi angle valve job. Milodon High Volume Water Pump griffin Dominator Radiator, T-45 5 Speed converted by Keisler to fit in stock position, live wires and Performance HEI distributor from Performance Distributors in Memphis, Tennessee. Hooker headers into dual exhaust with X pipe and Magnaflows.

2w4y8as.jpg

Work in progress on a few more upgrades and pulling those grungy valve covers for replacement.

If I can find it and figure out how I'll post a dyno video

Oh and the monte carlo bar is a modification of a 2011 Shelby GT 500 piece I picked up for under 20 bucks.

Let's wake the sleeping topic since I found none so ever big block engines, so let's start!

IMG_2604.jpg

Basic Ford Racing 460 Cobra Jet crate. Disassembled by Rick Toombs TN, he balanced & blueprinted the engine and assembled it and shipped the crate to Finland. Std. bore & stroke 460 cid, CJ heads, A75 rods, victor Jr, BG 850dp, C460 Ford Racing camshaft, vindage tray etc. Behind the "thing" is a aluminium flywheel, McLeod Streettwin clutch and TKO600. Strong engine, like to torque and the hp. There is MPG heads export brace systemn installed but the bars were hanging on the wall... I also removed the 1qt expansion tank and placed a 1.3 gallon expansion tank to under the driver fender, it fits there like like a glove (I know it is big ex.tank), I am also using a engine oil cooler, it was usefull when the engine was breaking in.

Going to install these Blue Thunder puppies soon.

Kuva0248-1.jpg

Overall you guys have very nice engine compartments!!! My Mach use to have a '72 HO Cleveland, it was nice engine to blast, it got street master, 750 holley dp, Crane commander cam, crane rockers etc. It surely was a nice Cleveland.

1973 351C 4 bolt main Q code block with 1971 M code head converted to screw in studs, crane roller rockers, comp cams 282S with .570 lift, Edelbrock Torker intake, Holley 700CFM Double pumper, 1 piece stainless steel, undercut valves with a multi angle valve job. Milodon High Volume Water Pump griffin Dominator Radiator, T-45 5 Speed converted by Keisler to fit in stock position, live wires and Performance HEI distributor from Performance Distributors in Memphis, Tennessee. Hooker headers into dual exhaust with X pipe and Magnaflows.

2w4y8as.jpg

Work in progress on a few more upgrades and pulling those grungy valve covers for replacement.

If I can find it and figure out how I'll post a dyno video

Oh and the monte carlo bar is a modification of a 2011 Shelby GT 500 piece I picked up for under 20 bucks.
Post the results of the dyno pull

Well....my engine is dirty and sad from sitting for 12+ years so i won't bother with a picture for now.

I had a 351 Windsor built in 93/94 to replace the tired stock 302.

I haven't seen the specs for years and likely lost them in a move.

Here's what I remember......

Standard 351 Windsor machined .030 over

fully balanced

Basic crank/ rods

Hypereutectic pistons (about 10.4:1 compression)

standard iron Windsor heads (mild porting)

Manley valves/springs

Engle cam (only remember in. 496 ex. 520 at 1.6 lift)

Weiand stealth intake

Holly 4160 750 cfm with vacuum secondaries

Ford TFI distributor from a late Bronco (added later after numerous distributor failures)

Crane Hi-6 box

Crane coil

Taylor 10.6mm plug wires

Not too exciting but it was set up loose and pulls like hell to about 6800.:)

engine on the dyno with stock intake. Don't have a dyno run recorded with the air gap.

Was that a 370 peak I saw? Great Vid and nice work!!

the actual peak we got with the stock intake was 385. But once it was run with the air gap we got to 435bhp

2w4y8as.jpg

Is that a MPG Head Service Export Brace kit? They sell them with the monta carlo bar. I have a set from them, and the montecarlo bar does not fit with the 385-series engine with Ford Racing tall valvecovers, otherwise I like them, very fast to take the export braces of like when adjusting the valves. Was it the same case with your engine and thats why you picked up the shelby montecarlo bar?

72 R Code 351 needs some cleanup I know.

egwmrd.jpg

1985 302 bored .30 (306 ci.)

Competetion Cams Thumpr Cam

Dart Pro 1 aluminum heads

ProComp polished valve covers

Comp. Cam roller rockers

Edelbrock Air Gap Intake in Endurashine

Edelbrock Carb.

Milodon High Volume water pump

JBA Ceramic Coated Stailess Steel Headers

Prothane engine and trans. mounts