Let's see those 71 - 73 Mustang motors

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See Roy's motor without rocker covers ????

CHEVY orange rockers, HA I knew it, some day he will come out of the Chevy closet, some day
:mad: Tennessee Orang there buddy:mad:
Not to worry Roy, there are all kinds coming out these days :p Not that I talked to Don or anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I have been away from the site for a while. Just been very hectic with work.

Here are some pictures f my street strip cleveland

engine001.jpg

cleveland008.jpg

cleveland042.jpg

It is a home built 351c 2 bolt block with 1970 4v ported closed chamber heads.

Specs are

Lunati custom cam .610 .615 lift 255/265 a @ .050 duration

TRW L2348 .030 dome forged pistons

Factory crank and rods balanced

Factory heads ported and 2.25 and 1.71 manley valves

Flow bench 325 cfm intake and 200 cfm exhaust at .600 lift

Torker intake and Holley 750, Hooker Super Comp headers

Best drag strip times 8.2 @ 87 mph in the 1/8 mile and 12.9 @ 105 in the 1/4

Sorry I have been away from the site for a while. Just been very hectic with work.

Here are some pictures f my street strip cleveland

engine001.jpg

cleveland008.jpg

cleveland042.jpg

It is a home built 351c 2 bolt block with 1970 4v ported closed chamber heads.

Specs are

Lunati custom cam .610 .615 lift 255/265 a @ .050 duration

TRW L2348 .030 dome forged pistons

Factory crank and rods balanced

Factory heads ported and 2.25 and 1.71 manley valves

Flow bench 325 cfm intake and 200 cfm exhaust at .600 lift

Torker intake and Holley 750, Hooker Super Comp headers

Best drag strip times 8.2 @ 87 mph in the 1/8 mile and 12.9 @ 105 in the 1/4
Jorge!! Loooong time no see!!!!... Glad to have you back arround my friend!... Your vert is THE vert i´d love to see in my garage! :)

Current form:

'73 Q code open chamber heads.

supposed to have a crane fireball cam

Edelbrock performer

750 holley

Msd digital 6AL, Duraspark dist, taylor wires.

Got some parts and plans for it though...

IMG_15131.jpg

This thread is full of WIN!! :D

Here's my M-code engine & toploader combo.
You need to find a car to put that in.

Talk to Don.

mike
I have several it could go in. The problem is deciding which one. It'll probably go in my 71 M code since that is the one I'm fixing up as "my" car. Ultimately we want to have 4 fixed up Mach 1s, 1 for me and 1 each for my 3 boys. My signature shows we have some extras tho. :D

Heres mine.

351C 2v

Edelbrock intake

Holley 750dp

block is 40 over

comp cam (cant remember specs, but thumps nice)

Heads heavily ported

machined for screw in studs

Harland sharp roller rockers 1.73 ratio

Hedmann ceramic coated long tube headers

MSD pro billet dizzy

6al box

Milidon windage tray

Ect Ect Ect...

Stock air cleaner and valve covers for that stealthy look.

motor1.bmpmus3.bmpmustang paint 3.jpg

Attachments

• motor1.bmp
    225.1 KB · Views: 17
  • mus3.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 8
351C 4 bolt block, .030 over bore, TRW flat top pistons,stock rods, crank,file fit Federal Mohgul rings, balanced rotating assembly, Pioneer SFI balancer, stock oil pump and pan. The cam is a comp 270 magnum cam (to small sounds good though) 224 duration, 519 lift. Comp lifters, Cloyes double roller timing setup.Edelbrock aluminum water pump.

The heads are 70 4v closed chamber heads, stainless one peice valves, cut for guides, screw in studs, Comp Cams springs, retainers, locks, hardened push rods, Crane gold roller rockers, non ported, with factory Boss valve covers. The intake is an Offenhouser 360 dual plane, non ported with a Holley 770 street avenger vacum secondary. Holley mechanical fuel pump up front and Holley blue pump out back. Hooker competition headers.

I run a Mallory Unilite distributor and wires.

The thing runs very well for what it is. I need to update this engine badly! 1980s technoligy. I know there is more there, need to pull it out and upgrade some areas, porting,cam, ignition, oiling up grades, etc...

PC250015.JPG

351 4v, stock (new) pistons and rods, original crankshaft, Comp Cams .498 lift camshaft, Doug Herbert valve springs, stock valves, Edelbrock Performer intake, Barry Grant Speed Demon 750 cfm vs carb, Holley red fuel pump, Full MSD 6a ignition, Hooker competition headers, flowmaster 40 series mufflers, 2.5 inch pipe, Milodon aluminum water pump, electric fan, K&N air/oil filters. 100 amp powermaster alternator. Lots of chrome.

TCI streetfighter C-6 tranny with 4.11 gears out back.

l_128f5a6dd1eb7f0b0baac9d7d8656ae6.jpg

Mine's still in-progress. But, here's the low-down so far:

Bored, balanced, CNC blueprinted, hardened valve seats installed & a 3-angle valve job all done by a local racing machine shop (the rest of the assembly is all me)

Keith Black 9.5:1 forged flat-top pistons

CompCams High Energy 270/270 .566" lift (218/218 @.050")

CompCams High Energy push-rods, roller-lifters, roller-rockers, double roller timing gears/chain

Crane Cams screw-in rocker studs & push-rod guides

Melling high-volume oil pump

Canton windage tray

ARP engine fasteners & head bolts

Edelbrock Performer Dual-Plane intake

Edelbrock 600 CFM Performer carb (will be replaced with Holley Pro-Jection later)

Edelbrock Signature Series valve covers (don't make it go any faster, but they look cool)

Holley electric fuel pump & pressure regulator

Pertronix Flame-Thrower coil & distributor

FloTech ceramic shorty headers

Progress so far - still waiting on the intake, and further progress is on-hold until I get the rest of my sheet metal replacement done.

389495_314742921869966_100000027814872_1244692_300326582_n.jpg

I have my numbers matching 351c CJ All completely rebuilt I put maybe a 1000 miles on it before the car was parked & taken apart in 1989..I was going to put that motor back in the car but doing some serious thought about not in order to preserve it. I want to really drive my car & have some serious fun & I would be devastated if something happened to the original motor.. I've been toying with either one of these.

Back