Looking for 351cleveland Edlebrock SVO intake

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well......

It’s a long story……

I took the Cleveland 4v and the boss 302 heads to my machine shop so that we could explore putting the stainless steel valves and titanium retainers from the 4V heads onto the boss heads. Just better hardware.

He looked closely at the port and the epoxy work done to 4vs and said “Man, you may want to use these if you can find the right Intake, the nice port work and smaller ports may make them better down low. These things look nice. How about we put both sets on the flow bench and see what they do, that way we can make an informed decision.“

I didn’t even realize that he had a flow bench. This was a great idea. He’s gonna be doing that on Monday or Tuesday.

So then I set out to do the research and it looks like the Edelbrock made / Torker style /SVO High port intake would be the best but I would have to find one.

No easy task.

I particularly do not want to use the spider SVO Intake that I have on hand because it does not have a valley pan. I do not want to use a turkey pan.

I spent all day and found a bunch of the smaller port C302 SVO intakes, but that not what I need.

Last night I finally heard back from a guy who had one.

I double checked all the port measurements and I think we are good to go. We did some trading, and it should be here late next week. I’m into it at a good price, so even if I don’t use, it will be good to have. If nothing else, it gives me better options.

I’ll have four intake on hand to choose from / play with if desired.

Spider SVO A331

Strip Dominator

Eddy /Torker A331 with floor pan.

RPM air gap- will buy.

Choices Choices!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The good news is that we have not ordered pistons yet.

He rough bored my new 4bolt block on Tuesday and it made 4.020 easy. Didn’t have to go 4.030.

So depending on which head we use, we can adjust the piston order accordingly.

I think the B302 chamber is a little smaller than the closed chamber 4v head if I remember right.

57-60 on the B302 vs 61-64 on the 4v closed heads.

We will planning between 10- 10 1/2 compression so I can use premium 93 pump gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back