Love the end of this ad

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't care for GM's, but that Tempest is so ugly that I'm drawn to it more than the '72 Coupe.

I can see it in a parking lot now, surrounded by Belvederes and Montegos.

-Kurt

The mustang reference is great. I replied to his ad with an invite to our site. Below is a copy of his listing.

00202_dKXgiJLXBGW_600x450.jpg

00000_16Qw0ghFpvS_600x450.jpg

Keep reading and do NOT miss a great deal!!! $2500 buys it all! Text or email me today before it is gone.

For sale is a running and driving 1968 Pontiac Tempest. This car is driven daily and runs well. The specifics are:

Pontiac 350 V8 with original 2 barrel carburetor, automatic, power steering, manual drum brakes, 4-door, dual exhaust, and like new tires. The old points style distributor has been changed to a modern HEI distributor. This ensures the car has minimal maintenance for the spark! This car runs very well. You can buy it today and drive it today.

The engine is from a 1972 Lemans and had less than 70k on it. It had new timing chain and oil pump and new gaskets put in at 66k (car odometer). The paint on the car is very patina and is in poor condition. There is some rust starting in the rear panels, but the floors and trunk are solid. I had to remove the headliner due to sagging and tears. The seats and carpet are still in good shape. Also, as seen in the pictures, the front bumper took a hit and is buggered up. Have two Pontiac Rally rims on the back and standard rims on the front. However, despite these issues (which most 47 year old cars would have) this car runs and drives great. Do not miss this deal.

But wait, there is more. Too sweeten the deal I am also including the original Pontiac 350 V8. At about 66K (original miles) the engine wiped an exhaust lobe off the camshaft. This is an original 1968 camshaft that had soft metal. Originally oil had a lot of zinc additives to lubricate these older motors. Modern oil eliminates this zinc and these older camshafts become prone to this type of failure. If you want to refresh this motor with a new camshaft and lifters, gaskets and a timing chain, this would probably run for another 100k with no issues. Better yet, take this 350 and put in a Pontiac stroker kit and make a 383 monster for this ride! I am also including a cast iron Ram Air 3 intake with a Quadrajet carburetor for this engine (or put it on the one in the car).

But wait, there is even more to this deal. I have a complete front end kit to convert this car to front power disc brakes. This includes upper and lower a-arms with like new ball joints/bushings, spindles, rotors, inner and outer tie rods, center link, drag link and heavy duty sway bar. The rotors will need wheel bearings and seals. Put this on the front of this car and really enjoy the ride and stopping power of disc brakes. By the way, if you want to just sell this, this fits all A-body GM cars from 1968-1972. Including Chevelle, Skylark, GS, Cutlass, 442, GTO, Lemans, and Tempest.

Wait, the deal keeps getting sweeter! I am also including two extra sets of Pontiac V8 heads. These vary from early non-smog heads to late smog heads. The smog heads also include the original cast iron intake with EGR provisions. The smog heads came from a 1975 Firebird 350 V8. The valves have been removed, but come with the heads. You could resell these or put them on your friend's Pontiac. This way you know you will be able to beat him with your early non-smog heads!!!

More, more, and more. I must be crazy, crazy, crazy! I am also putting in an extra oil pan, valley cover pan, valve covers, original points style distributor, and much more. Extra 2 barrel carburetor and quadrajets (for parts) included. Extra distributor, pulleys, new battery box, and much more is included. There are extra brackets, bolts, and odds and end stuff all related to this car or similar GTO and Leman style cars.

Why am I getting rid of all this good stuff? Look in the background. I have 1972 Mustang and a 1973 Mustang that I am restoring. Ford parts and Pontiac parts do not work well together. I have decided to go with the Mustangs as Government Motors killed Pontiac!

Remember, Democrats are destroying America. Fire Kay Hagan. Vote American and vote Tea Party Republican. If this offends you, that means you are part of the problem.

Back