Mach has a new home, one of our own too!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mach1460

Reaction score
My Car
72 mach 1
As some of you know I have been thinking about selling my 72 for a while now. I finally decided to see what ebay would bring and after a day I decided to throw a thread up here about the auction. The next moring I get a restricted number call on my cell ( i usually dont answer these) but I thought since i had the car for sale i had better. Well it turned out to be one of our own here at 7173 Qcode351mach.

I talked with Scott for a while and what a guy, we ended up making coming to an agreement on the car. Im very very glad to know shes going to a great home and is going to have a great new owner. Its been real nice getting to know Scott a little bit and after checking out a few of his posts and pictures, The few small details on my car that needed attention will be taken care of with precision and perfection in no time! Scott agreed to let me keep tabs on the car through the site and to keep me in the loop as well. So ill be lurking in the shadows around here and im sure you all will see some good stuff coming from him also. Thanks to everyone especially Scott/Qcode351Mach and if he enjoys the car half as much as i did hes in for a real treat.

Cody

Great news for both of you. I agree your car is going to a good home. Feel free to lurk and continue posting too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely OUTSTANDING news for you and Scott, Cody!

...and as Doc stated or inferred, you don't have to "lurk" as you are a "card carrying" Member of our Group and I know your inputs will be appreciated, as always.

Again, Congratulations to you both!!

BT

Congrats to you and Scott. I'm glad to hear that you and him worked out a deal that you can both be happy about.

The comments sound like we got married, haha! All in good fun

Thnaks Guy's for all the good words ! As some of you know I have been looking for a Mach to drive have till mine is finished..I came to realize that my current project is close but has at least a year or more till it will be finished.. I really haven't looked too hard but I would say casual looking..If the right car came along I would buy it..But seems that every car I have looked at needs too much work ( more work than I want to get involved with) or the work that was done isn't up to my standards. I did notice Codys car quite some time ago when he first put out a feeler & mentioned a possible sale..& thought to myself it would be perfect for me..A clean well cared for car that I could do a few little things to but overall a turn key car..At that time he wasn't sure he was selling..When I saw his post this week..I figured I would give him a call & see if I could buy it if it checked out.. To be honest I HAVE NEVER BOUGHT A CAR WITH OUT FIRST PHYSICALLY INSPECTING IT..After speaking with Cody..seeing the video..reviewing the pictures he sent me I felt comfortable with the purchase..Cody is a straight shooter with nothing to hide & you can tell he keeps his stuff really nice. My kids are already debating who's going to get this car when mine is done :D

I'm super stoked to get the car but I won't see it in person till august..My father inlaw is driving out from Colorado to pick up trailer the car back to his place in Colorado..I'm going to plate the car there & keep it garaged there for now..I will be out to his place for 3 weeks in August at which time I will decide if it's coming back east or going to stay there for a bit..As some of you know I'm planning to move out to Colorado within the next 3 years..Or sooner..I have some nice plans for the car in the handling suspension dept..I will keep you guy's in the loop & rest assured I'm going to do this car justice..Cody thanks again!!! your baby will be well cared for.

Thnaks Guy's for all the good words ! As some of you know I have been looking for a Mach to drive have till mine is finished..I came to realize that my current project is close but has at least a year or more till it will be finished.. I really haven't looked too hard but I would say casual looking..If the right car came along I would buy it..But seems that every car I have looked at needs too much work ( more work than I want to get involved with) or the work that was done isn't up to my standards. I did notice Codys car quite some time ago when he first put out a feeler & mentioned a possible sale..& thought to myself it would be perfect for me..A clean well cared for car that I could do a few little things to but overall a turn key car..At that time he wasn't sure he was selling..When I saw his post this week..I figured I would give him a call & see if I could buy it if it checked out.. To be honest I HAVE NEVER BOUGHT A CAR WITH OUT FIRST PHYSICALLY INSPECTING IT..After speaking with Cody..seeing the video..reviewing the pictures he sent me I felt comfortable with the purchase..Cody is a straight shooter with nothing to hide & you can tell he keeps his stuff really nice. My kids are already debating who's going to get this car when mine is done :D

I'm super stoked to get the car but I won't see it in person till august..My father inlaw is driving out from Colorado to pick up trailer the car back to his place in Colorado..I'm going to plate the car there & keep it garaged there for now..I will be out to his place for 3 weeks in August at which time I will decide if it's coming back east or going to stay there for a bit..As some of you know I'm planning to move out to Colorado within the next 3 years..Or sooner..I have some nice plans for the car in the handling suspension dept..I will keep you guy's in the loop & rest assured I'm going to do this car justice..Cody thanks again!!! your baby will be well cared for.
I tell y'all, it just doesn't get any better than this.

Two obviously stand-up guys make a connection (through the Site) which has the potential to further the hobby while enhancing both of their lives!

Scoot, I look forward to following your efforts with the Mustang and Cody, please continue to be a part of this family.

BT

Will do! I still have my 66 which is my long term project which will keep my wrenches from getting rusty. It is cool how these forums can form friendships with people across the country from all walks of life, this site especially. I'm much happier selling the car to someone i/we know, rather than a random Joe from anywhere and never seeing the car again.

I tell y'all, it just doesn't get any better than this.

Two obviously stand-up guys make a connection (through the Site) which has the potential to further the hobby while enhancing both of their lives!

Scoot, I look forward to following your efforts with the Mustang and Cody, please continue to be a part of this family.

BT
Thanks BT..I agree I have met some really good folk from the site (In person) & had some biz dealings too.. all have been very positive experiences..For sure I'm going to do some vids on the work I do to this car..I think the first one will be on doing a full blown detail job on the paint & how to perfect your finish.. Coming in august :D

It is cool how these forums can form friendships with people across the country from all walks of life, this site especially. I'm much happier selling the car to someone i/we know, rather than a random Joe from anywhere and never seeing the car again.
x2 to that Cody !

"Thanks BT..I agree I have met some really good folk from the site (In person) & had some biz dealings too.. all have been very positive experiences..For sure I'm going to do some vids on the work I do to this car..I think the first one will be on doing a full blown detail job on the paint & how to perfect your finish.. Coming in august :D "

Scott ... First vid HAS to show off what Cody's sig said...

" 72 Mach-1 12:1 532 Forged internal Scat stroker, Kaase P51 heads, Comp roller cam, March serpentine conversion, C6 manual VB, 9'' 4:33:1."

After the burn out vid

You can do a detail vid and also show how to remove melted rubber from the lower quarter panel areas :D:D:D

congrats that will be a fun ride

Don

Latest posts

Back