• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Mach1 "Dominator" Fiberglass hood

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thunderguns71

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Fastback small block, now 429.
I have a fiberglass hood for our 71-73 Mustangs I have no need for anymore. It's the Dominator hood that US Body Source sells for $449. It's race weight and I believe if I remember correctly it weighs 38lbs. I ran it on my car for several years until I restored the car and went back with the steel Mach 1 hood. The hood is in good shape, no damage, and is painted gloss black. It's drilled for front hood pins and I also made it able to be bolted to the hinges without the springs, you just need a prop rod instead, or you can drill the back holes and make it a complete lift off hood. It's also drilled for the front edge trim. Asking $300, pick up only. It wouldn't be worth while shipping this huge thing. I'm located in Pilot Mountain, NC. Pictures below. If you notice it looks wet it's because I just washed it to get the dust off.

And this is an old pic of the hood on the car to give an idea of what it looks like.

Back