Major Paint Problems!!! NEW PICS!!! DONE!!!!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know from the little I have learned that temp can give you the fish eyes like this. I have been told nothing colder than 65 deg. for the temp on the part being painted and use a heat gun to dry it faster. It also looks like you are just in a garage no booth. If you have every used silicone lube, or Armor all on or around the parts you will always be getting this. The PPM Parts Per Million is like nothing of silicone to cause an issue. This can come from a vent from a clothes dryer using fabric softener. If you use under arm antiperspirant it can cause fish eyes. While working in manufacturing this was taught to us by Ford, John Deere, BMW, and others. John Deere was having fish eye issues on a powder coat line for lawn equipment. Samples were tested and reviewed under electron microscope and the found the antiperspirant and it was banned from use by employees. Once John Deere had to dump their paint system in Moline where they do the combines so these tanks make car plants look like kidi pools. There was a single silicone bracelet like is given in support of like breast cancer found in one tanks. The silicone in it caused millions of dollars of lost chemicals and paint. What is on you, your parts, your garage, in the air will kill your paint job not just your gun. Some paint suppliers give no warranty if you have sand blasted the parts, sand is silicone in one form. Clean clean clean better than a hospital.

If you have ever visited a car assembly plant you know that you cannot go into the paint area unless you are checked and wear hair net, and like a hazardous material suit and booties . You cannot touch anything.

David

David

Hi David,

great feedback there. Yes, silicone is dynamite anywhere near or around a paint shop. The smallest amounts can cause major problems for painters and paint contamination problems.

I have had my fair share of big contam problems over the years with this stuff. I don't know about America, but here in Australia, we have this crazy mindset or idea of setting up a spray shop and end up having a detailing business or crew operating right next door to you. That's insane as far as contam isues are concerned.:s

Greg.:)

Back