Mustang Mach E

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Electric cars are cool (Tesla class, not Prius or Volt, LOL) but why name it Mustang?  Why not call it a Pinto or Maverick or even Probe...anything is better than using one of your flagship name plates!

As i said in the other thread, too sad they are prostituting the Mustang name.

All this movement for electric cars with the pretext they are green. But what about all the mineral resources and mining that has to happen to make a battery. Now we will be destroying the earth to mine for lithium, cobalt, nickel, etc. Not only above ground but also below ground and the bottom of the ocean. In a few years we will hear the backlash. It is not that i am against the technology but it is not a "green" technology as it is made to be. It has its many issues that are not yet big or well known.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Anyone know the name of the person in charge of the project? For research purposes....

It shows me that Ford is out of touch with the buying market. Tesla has a doz. charging station in one spot near here. Never seen one used accept the Amish to tie there horse up too.

You guys are a little touchy on this one. Remember the first vehicle to be named Mustang was a truck and the other a bicycle. 

As long as they still make a 2 door Mustang why worry about it? 

When they were going to the front wheel drive and nothing else is when the Probe thing took place. The issue there was the fact that the V-8 and rear wheel drive would be gone.....

This is nothing like that. it is just another model being added using a name. As long as they make a profit selling the current two door Mustang cars they will keep making them. This is to appeal to the younger generations. They do not like the Mustang Car but will probably buy this one. 

There was a woman in South Carolina that got really upset when she heard that Ford was going to stop making the Model T in 1928. She was so upset that she ordered either 5 or 7 brand new Model T's. When one wore out she pulled out another. She never got through all of them and one brand new one sits in the Museum of Industry in Columbia, S.C..

I met the young guy now over the mustang at the MOM, Mustang Owner's Museum in Charlotte this year. I am sure he is the one that pushed the idea. Both him and Gale Halderman signed my copy of Gale's book. Current head engineer and the first engineer. I do not even remember his name, lol. 

That is Gale with the white hat the new head designer is behind the sign. 

I see absolutely no reason to write anyting to Ford. I did send a letter on the Probe thing and yes I ordered a mustang in 1973 when I heard of the coming changes. 

This vehicle changes nothing on the Mustang platform in my opinion. 

The Truck and Bicycle is why they called the Mustang a T-5 in Germany where the Mustang name had been trademarked. I think it was Krupp now Thyssen Krupp still big in automotive world in steel and mfg. that had the Mustang name first.

My wife saw a news article on the tube about it this morning. The look on her face when she asked me if I had heard about it said it all. Even when I told her the 2-door Mustang was still being built she didn't like it. She had a '68 Mustang fastback when we got married, that we both wish we still had, but life and family got in the way of keeping it.

My wife is not an especially avid fan of any car (where i love the older mustangs and corvettes). Her reaction was still just as bad as mine. Just a bad marketing move IMO.

I doubt it will change anything but I put together an email to the CEO through the Ford Corporate site. Included are a short essay on the negatives of this moronic endeavor. First the name as the biggest issue, but also the fact they will be made outside U.S. for example. All of these and more in contrast with the very few positives. Also provided extensive screenshots of the negative feedback from every social media outlet. In addition I provided the many petitions I found (the amount is surprisingly plentiful). I'm a member of so many Mustang and car groups and forums, so I see literally thousands of upset people on this idea. I just wish an influential Ford employee was lurking among our forums to see all this.

I don't expect it to reach Jim Hackett despite sending it to his supposed email via the site, Ford is in huge denial. I had purchased a bit of stocks for Ford a while ago, but I dumped them a few days after this news. Hackett is already on bad waters since the inception of this eye rolling SUV, mainly because the original design was a failure as an eye catcher. I can only hope they see all the negative feedback (they delete it constantly on YouTube and Twitter.)

I'm certain almost everyone hates the Mustang badge on this product, in general I have seen many expressing their disgust but also being very welcoming to the SUV if it were renamed.

Last edited by a moderator:
8d5520a9045b07247a998d75673aeee4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back