my 1971 351 Boss restoration

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks again guys. i'm still waiting for my boss to get back from paint. it's been there for 5 months now. i'm hoping to get the car back by march...HOPEFULLY.

in the mean time, i've been working on my little k-code coupe. just finished dropping the engine and tranny back into the car. i have to adjust the valves when the weather get a little warmer.

i'll keep you guys posted.

abudi

hi guys,

sorry for the delay, but i had to finish my 69 mach1 first. the boss is coming along slowly but surely.

@widowmaker, the only stencil i found was for the typical mach1 hood. the boss has a rectangular treatmnt and that is not available in a stencil. is stuck to this template:

http://www.boss351registry.com/Car-Images-1/Drawings/HOOD.jpg

i hope that helps a little :)

it worked with mine:

Last edited by a moderator:
The mystery is the radius on the corners. I have found no good data for that.

Heres the best information I could find. I used top off a peanut jug as a radius and some 1-1/4" masking tape for the spacing from the edge of the hood.

boss stripe.pdf

Attachments

• boss stripe.pdf
    232.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited by a moderator:
hi jeff,

i used that as a reference too along side with the drawn template. since i'm a grafic artist, it was easy for me to blow up the attached PDF file. i copied it to "see thru" paper and transfered that to my hood. i cleaned up the edges, that come with the enlargement, and that worked pretty good for me. i will be posting a few pictures of the doors and the fenders soon.

thanks for watching guys!!

appreciate it

abudi

hi folks,

i wanted to update you guys on the boss restoration. so far all parts except the body are done. the body is masked and ready for the first coat of filler. this will take another month or so and then HOPEFULLY i'll finall yhave some color on the body. can't wait!!

as you can see my painter even masked the undercarriage. there is still a lot of work that needs to be done but i hope to be done by the end of this year.

thanks

abudi

Hey Abudi,

That´s nice to hear (read) from you again.

But given your attention to detail, I figured it would take a while.

Looking forward to seeing the paint on it!

thanks for the feedback guys! i really hope to get the car back from the paint shop within the next few weeks. i wasn't posting too much on this thread because there was nothing to post. most of the work on the boss was completed so i decided scan the area a bit and it turned out that a friend of mine wanted to let go of his 66 coupe....now you're probably saying what's so special about a 66 coupe..right? well it turns out it's a k-code. so i bought it on the spot. well since november i've been overhaulin' that car too. here are a few pics that i posted on facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.440906905754.237478.599235754&l=9bd22f9dc2

i'll be back soon with new pics of the boss.

thanks

abudi

thanks guys! i'm still waiting on the car to get back from paint.

i hope to post new pictures soon.

abudi

hi folks,

finally there is a little progress. the car last bit of the car is finally sanded down. the first coat of epoxy filler is on the car and should be done drying up in around a week. all in all i am hoping to get the 351B back by the end of august.

as usual the picture of the progress:

cya soon

abudi

Back