My 73 Mach1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blue73

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1
Hi here a couple of pictures of my Mach 1. I bought the car from my uncle 9 years ago. He caught the car off of eBay. The car has a 302 automatic trans, Air, and a fold down rear seat. Right now it has just the standard hood. I added the front and rear spoilers when i first fixed it up. Today I started cleaning up under the hood. I'm taking off the chrome valve covers and open element filter and putting the stock ones back on. Also I'm removing the air conditioning. It doesn't work. The car came with a folder that had alot of maintenance records of work done to it. I found out that the Air had been fixed 2 or 3 times. So it doesn't look like it ever really work.

IMG_0194.JPG

IMG_0195.JPG

c4 trans? keep searching along this and you'll quickly find out you can swap in a t5 transmission.

get all the applicable stuff from www.moderndriveline.com and then get the hydralic clutch system from www.americanpowertrain.com. (t5 set up in our cars can be fairly inexpensive)

welcome to the site! can anybody tell i'm excited to hear from one of our members after the visit of greg for the hydraulic system?

Looks great! I love the hub cap look! that's what our 72 Coupe is going to be sporting after the restoration!

I really like the dog dish and beauty rings. I was thinking about changing them but I'm liking the look right now.
I agree! Looks awesome just the way it sits! Congrats! I, personally would keep the A/C in. Not that expensive to get it fixed since you already have all the a/c related components under the dash. Parts are readily available and you now have a choice of aftermarket compressors that will bolt right in. I regret taking mine out back in the kiddy days, but the good news is that I kept all the parts and brackets and will put them back on one of these days. Either way, nice ride you have there!

Thanks FasTnNefariouS. I'm keeping all the parts for the AC. Since it doesn't work and looking at all the work records I have I don't think it ever really worked from day one. It was fixed by the original owner in the 70s 2 or 3 times. Plus I really don't drive it when its hot out. But maybe someday I'll change my mind. Which is kind of what I am doing right now by taking all my chrome off and putting the original valve covers and air breather back on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice car! It's similar to mine except mine never had AC. I have a 302 automatic C4. I use to have a standard hood as well. Are you planning to modify your 302 with aftermarket heads and cam or are you going for original?

like every one else has stated . sweet car and shop. what size is the shop?

like every one else has stated . sweet car and shop. what size is the shop?

The shop is a guonset hut on our farm that we turned half off into a workshop. I think its 40x40. It sure makes a nice place to work and wash on vehicles and equipment especially in the winter.

Looks great! I love the hub cap look! that's what our 72 Coupe is going to be sporting after the restoration!
X2..

71-73 dog dish with trim rings are the best of all wheel looks... Prefer them than the most WOW wheel, every day!!

I´m hoping my mustang came with them so it would be factory correct to get them :p

Back