New Forum Member with tons of questions

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

71OxfordStang

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
Excited to be part of this group. I am looking forward to tapping into the group’s wealth of information as my sons and I begin our first restoration project. We have had the car for almost two years and have finally dug out the garage and are beginning to work on the project. The only investment at this time is in the purchase of the vehicle and I must say with just a little bit of work, the car looks like it’s in rough shape. Both rear quarters have been replaced (not well) and were covered with tons of body filler, RHS frame rail has a rust hole at the front bumper bracket location and the tops of the aprons are eaten up along with the floor pan.

With all that said I hope I am not being naive, but we are planning to move forward with this project.....slow and steady.

My plan was to start from the front and work back, so if there are any insights on replacing the core support and aprons I would appreciate any assistance.

Thanks and looking forward to more posts and ultimately, happy motoring

GEDC0760.jpg

::welcome:: from East Tn and we have sen a whole lot worse starting point. There is a great deal of knowledge and plenty of BS (mostly me) on here. So feel free to jump in and make your self at home.

Welcome from Australia there is lots of information and knowedge here enjoy the forum and look around there is lots to learn, Good luck and keep those pics coming.

Welcome.. You will find a lot of great folks on the site with tons of information. Being a newbie myself it has been great. Can't wait to see your project progress! Keep the pictures coming.

::welcome:: from Hawaii! Slow and steady and most of all, have patience with the project and helpers ;)

plenty of BS (mostly me) on here.
I'll arm wrestle you for the BS King title, Roy!

Seriously, welcome to the site. I'd say take it one step at a time and go slow. Scott (Qcode351mach) is very knowledgeable about body work and how to properly measure the body for square. Check out his videos (Saturday Morning Garage) in the links section.

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you aboard! Looks like a great project!

::welcome::

Welcome From Uruguay!!! you have a great start point there... you´ll find some great guy arround here willing to help you in each step ofthe process... Im sure you´ll enjoy this restoration ride :)

WELCOME aboard!

I love the idea that you are taking "the journey" with your Sons ... that is absolutely AWESOME!

As several Members have stated, I believe you will find EVERYONE responsive to your questions and "sanity checks" as you proceed with your build.

Again, Welcome and I look forward to interacting with you on the individual Forums.

BT

::welcome:: from Mustang Oklahoma. As others have said read Qs post's and message him. Keeping everything "square" when replacing that much metal is critical. Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back