New from Sweden need helps with rare A/C

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobfist

Reaction score
My Car
Mach 1 73 q - code
Hi!

I new from Sweden with my Mach 1 73 q-code 80 000 km since new car.

I had this ac in my car and wonder if someone know what this is, it has a ford logo on it, the vent channels are molded to fit the 71-73 mach 1 car.

Also have this sticker on my valve cover K620A, what i understand it means "whit ram air", but my car have the matching 351c 4v and it was not an option.

The car is totally original, nothing has been done to it! Why this sticker?

59wy9y.jpg

Also the founder of www.bobfist.com Mopar reproduction parts Sweden Charger 68 - 70

Thanks/ Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the add on air. It was added by the dealer. I pulled mine out. With it in the passenger side didn't have enough leg room.

That's the add on air. It was added by the dealer. I pulled mine out. With it in the passenger side didn't have enough leg room.
Ah ok, something to keep? maybe not so many out there?

Ah ok, something to keep? maybe not so many out there?

If you're going for a restoration or if you car is rare, it might be beneficial to keep it. Add on air is more common in earlier mustangs because it took ford a while to put an integrated A/C in, but by the time our car came around the integrated system was more common. The choice is really how original you want your car to be. It probably won't affect the value much. If you're going to show it, it might be worth keeping.

Back