New Guy! (Mississippi Cruiser)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 9413

Reaction score
I have purchased, a few months ago, a 1971 Mach 1 Fastback Mustang. It has a 351C 4V engine with C6 automatic. I'm not use to a big body car, but I have fallen in love with this one. I'm working out some small issues ( A/C , vacuum system for vents, Front wheel alignment etc.) but nothing major. I also have a 66 Mustang Coupe. I enjoy the Ford world, but here in Mississippi I am surrounded by Chevy's. Glad to have found this site/forum and hope to get solutions and maybe provide some input! Thanks for the invite!

Attachments

• 20230609_142420[1].jpg
    20230609_142420[1].jpg
    3 MB · Views: 2
  • 20230609_142401[1].jpg
    20230609_142401[1].jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 3
Hello and a warm welcome from SW Ontario, Canada.
For sure you've come to the right place.
Remember, there are no dumb question.
We do like lots of pictures though.

Last edited:
Welcome from Chicago! Nice looking car! I love the 71-73s in black, a few members here have Black cars with the silver stripes and hood and they look awesome. I decided against painting mine black and going with Wimbledon white like the white '73 that I had in high school. That will be better in the long run, because my wife and I are planning to retire to Florida in a few years, and I'm hoping a white car might stay a little cooler in the Florida sun. Also, didn't want the pressure of making the body work "black paint" perfect, lol.

Last edited:
I have purchased, a few months ago, a 1971 Mach 1 Fastback Mustang. It has a 351C 4V engine with C6 automatic. I'm not use to a big body car, but I have fallen in love with this one. I'm working out some small issues ( A/C , vacuum system for vents, Front wheel alignment etc.) but nothing major. I also have a 66 Mustang Coupe. I enjoy the Ford world, but here in Mississippi I am surrounded by Chevy's. Glad to have found this site/forum and hope to get solutions and maybe provide some input! Thanks for the invite!
Congrats. Looks to be in great shape. The 351-C 4v is good motor, plenty of power to spare! All the best in bringing it back to its factory glory.

very nice. Don’t pay attention to those chevy guys, they’re just jealous.

Back