7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigdad

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible
Hello. Just joined, thanks for having me. Bought a '73 Convertible last July. Loving it so far but have a few issues i'm dealing with. Right now all the air comes out of the defroster vents, nothing from the floor vents or dash vents. I recently replaced the radio, could I have mistakenly knocked something loose when I had that taken out? Thanks

First things first, welcome from Ohio. When you can please post a few pictures of your car and also tell us a little more about it. Now, for your problem the answer is yes you most likely knock a line off a actuator. Here is a diagram of the vacuum lines and motors they go to. This is for an a/c car but it should work for you to figure out what came off.

AC - Heater Vacuum Lines - Motors.gif

Last edited:
Hello. Just joined, thanks for having me. Bought a '73 Convertible last July. Loving it so far but have a few issues i'm dealing with. Right now all the air comes out of the defroster vents, nothing from the floor vents or dash vents. I recently replaced the radio, could I have mistakenly knocked something loose when I had that taken out? Thanks
Welcome from Idaho.

Welcome from Maryland.

Welcome from SoCal. I guess my first question to your issue is, did it work before you changed the radio? If it did, Klingon may be right. Also, there is a large, rubberish plug that directs vacuum to operate the HVAC system right near the radio install. Make sure that “plug” is connected to the HVAC controls. It attaches to the back of that control. Steve

Back