New member!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome from the Tri-Cities in NE Tennessee. I would suggest starting a build thread over in the Mustang Registry-Project Build Thread forum to document your journey. There are a lot of us who have been down the road you are starting on, and many of us have documented our journeys. I documented my restoration of the Rickster and tried to provide a lot of pictures so folks like you could follow along and hopefully learn by watching what I did that worked, and sometimes didn't. Be prepared for surprises. Unpleasant surprises are to be expected. It's a lot of work, but when it's done, all the thumbs up when you drive down the road will make it worth it. Best of luck on your journey.

Welcome from New Hampshire. Green is the way to go.

Welcome from So Cal, nice looking project you have there. The advice on starting a build thread are spot on; I can’t count how many times these guys have help me avoid a dumb mistake; I’ve made a few on my own. Pics under the hood, etc would be great. Welcome!

Welcome from eastern PA! Was your car stored in dry conditions in order to preserve the floorpan and undercarriage, if you have had a chance to check yet? Not much to go on, but it looks pretty solid in the pic without obvious external rust. Mice are going to generally get in during long storage periods, especially if no one is able to check in on the car. I have a Grabber Green '71 as well with a J-code 429 CJ Ram Air with 4 speed. Your color in the My Car section would be Grabber Green Metallic, one of my favorites.

Welcome, from Upstate Sub-Western NY (Pittsford, suburb of Rochester). I look forward to your questions, and progress photos. Lynda and I visited the restoration shop weekly for 13 1/2 months, and took progress photos. I enjoy looking at them, whch I dropped into a video Well worth the time and $$$ invested, which is evident in the 2nd video:

https://youtu.be/y0MiVAFj_sQ

https://youtu.be/_Fl0B-qmlLI

Back