New Old Classics?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would happily pay 30k for a brand new 1971 Mach 1 with all new technology under its skin and a reliable powerful motor and drivetrain with a factory warranty. Imagine if you could get into your 8 way power adjustable comfortable seats and listen to some factory XM radio with your 8 inch navigation telling you where to go without road noise and a cold as ice air conditioner blowing in your face. I would buy it over the 2015 in a heartbeat.
I think I pretty much have all that with all the restomod goodies I tossed in... without the factory warranty, of course. :whistling:

If I had the money (and maybe time) I would build a Daytona Coupe (Factory Five's Type 65), but could never afford a new and complete reproduction. But just because they build one, or if I build one, the value of the originals will never decrease, and may actually go up, as many people have never seen one and they may become more sought after (by the very rich).

I do not think it would affect the collectible car market in a negative way if anything it would bring more interest to it.

There are already many reproductions in other collecting fields , clocks , toys , guns , etc and the people who want originals will always buy originals and people who want repops will tend to only buy those.

The added advertising and visability of the repros will probably bring new people into the collecting circuit who normaly may not have been exposed to it.
I completely agree with this post. ::thumb::

I do not think it would affect the collectible car market in a negative way if anything it would bring more interest to it.

There are already many reproductions in other collecting fields , clocks , toys , guns , etc and the people who want originals will always buy originals and people who want repops will tend to only buy those.

The added advertising and visability of the repros will probably bring new people into the collecting circuit who normaly may not have been exposed to it.
:+1:

If (and a big IF) they actually produce 7173s I think it would ultimately drive up both the interest and value of our cars.

Back