Newbie in Scotland

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi and welcome to you from Morecambe here in the sunny!!!! I sold a ford pop to a lad from scotland a few years ago, dont suppose it was yourself was it(Long shot)it was a light blue in colour with suicide doors and a 2litre pinto,with capri back axle.::welcome::

$(KGrHqJ,!i4E9c+dC-ZSBPrO9Nfi+!~~60_12.jpgdoh didnt see the new pics you had posted before i asked the question re pop, nice looking pop even nicer looking stang, is there much to do on it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi and welcome to you from Morecambe here in the sunny!!!! I sold a ford pop to a lad from scotland a few years ago, dont suppose it was yourself was it(Long shot)it was a light blue in colour with suicide doors and a 2litre pinto,with capri back axle.::welcome::
No mate It wasnt mine, mine had an essex v6 3 litre, jag rear end , viva front, was ok but a real pain with never ending work, I sold it for 6 grand tho so they are defo going up in money. nice to meet ya dude. PS where do you get your spare parts? Ive been getting mine from Laurel Mountain Mustang but you might know of someone closer, ...Slimbo Fae Scotland

doh didnt see the new pics you had posted before i asked the question re pop, nice looking pop even nicer looking stang, is there much to do on it?
Hi again never noticed the bit about is it needing stuff done, answer is not really, I only got it about 2 weeks ago and up till now Ive changed the starter relay for a soleniod, new coil, waxoyled all underneath, ordered a new chrome front bumper ( not everyones cup of Tea but I'm not a traditionalist I just go for what looks good to me) got new big bore stainless back exhausts, looks and sounds amazing, I think the standard exhausts are to quiet, like keeping a wild animal caged, mines has been let out . So apart from little cosmetic stuff its all good although Im going to get new paint in the spring......Oh Happy Days ....Slim Fae Scotland

attachment.php

Hi there and thanks for the welcome, quite a lot of you are wanting to see a pic of my stang and also I pic of my old hotrod ford pop sit up and beg so here it is, the pic of the stang is not one of my best shots (Im a photographer) but it was only for insurance purposes but Ill do some better shots this week . anybody need anything just ask , cheers, Slim Fae Scotland ......
Very cool, I love the red outlined side stripes. Are your wheels gold or is that a reflection?

::welcome:: from NY and nice looking car

attachment.php

Hi there and thanks for the welcome, quite a lot of you are wanting to see a pic of my stang and also I pic of my old hotrod ford pop sit up and beg so here it is, the pic of the stang is not one of my best shots (Im a photographer) but it was only for insurance purposes but Ill do some better shots this week . anybody need anything just ask , cheers, Slim Fae Scotland ......
Very cool, I love the red outlined side stripes. Are your wheels gold or is that a reflection?
Hi Jason the wheels are chrome on the outide with a copper/ gold inner some kind of elecro plate . but to be honest some of the gold looking stuff is peeling off leaving the chrome behind, I need to try and somehow get the rest of the gold off without ruining the chrome underneath. Ive tried to gently get it off but its pretty stuck.

Welcome from N.Ireland I tend to get most of my mechanical parts from Rockauto.com usually arrives in 2 days

Hello Slimbo,

Welcome from Pennsylvania! Good to see a Scotsmen on here, it mush be pretty awesome to be probably the only man in Scotland driving a vintage Mach 1!

Thanks for the big welcome people....good to see all you stangers in the same place...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back