Occupations

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a dispatcher and signaller with the railway company. I control and organize train movements from a central operator console. I hope dispatcher is the right term.....

I am a dispatcher and signaller with the railway company. I control and organize train movements from a central operator console. I hope dispatcher is the right term.....
it is the right word, sounds interesting any of the high speed trains?

it is the right word, sounds interesting any of the high speed trains?
Hi,

No, we don't have high speed trains in Luxembourg. As you probably know, our country measures only about 50 miles in length and about 34 miles in width, so there is hardly enough room to accelerate, let alone brake a high speed train on spot! :)

We actually do have the French TGV coming into Luxembourg City, but it does not travel at it's normal speed of about 186mph (300km/h) as it takes special tracks to do that and we don't have them. Plus it only travels about 12 miles on our turf from the french border to the Capital (going approx. 80 mph).

But I am not dealing with those.

I am sitting at a small station on a dead end track, so I guess I'm pretty much taking it easy. :)

I work for the government doing a lot of different things for/with the military and other gov't departments, traveling way too much and hopefully doing some good for my country. At some point years ago I did a stint in the US Army.

My real job is being dad for 5 great kiddos aged from 17 to 2.

Edit...make that 6 great kiddos! ;)

I learn heating instaler work then a few years in the service. After that i work a few years as canteen kitchen technician, repair all the electric kitchen hardware.

And now i`m a petrol station service technician. I repair the dispenser , the cash desk and all other of the station. I work for BP, Shell and Esso stations.

I´m fast tired / bored for any job. But at most time, i like what i do at time...

WOW!!! I FEEL LIKE IM INTERACTING WITH A LOT OF REALLY NEAT POEPLE. ME I GREW UP ON A FARM, MY PARENTS RAISED TRAINED AND RACED STANDARD BREAD HORSES, ( TROTERS AND PACERS) AFTER HS I WENT TO WORK IN A LOCAL FORD DEALERSHIP, MY MAIN JOB WAS RECON OF USED CARS, AFTER THAT CHANGED TO A FEW DIFFERENT DEALERSHIPS AND PROGRESSED TO FULL SCALE BODY AND FRAME TECH, AND THEN BODY SHOP MGR. WHEN THAT WENT TO HELL IN THE 80S I BECAME A PAINT SHOP FOREMAN IN A TRANSIT BUS MFG. CO. (FLEXIBLE BUS) THEN WHAT EVER IT TOOK TO KEEP THE FAMILY EATING. THE LAST 25 YRS. HAS BEEN CONSTRUCTION IN THE EXCAVATING FIELD. IM A EXCAVATING FOREMAN/ HEAVY EQUIP. OPERATOR. BUT NEVER LEFT MY FIRST LOVE OF BODY WORK. NOW THE ONLY THING LEFT IS HOW MANY GIRLFRIENDS AND WIVES. MAYBE LATER

Well... we are all very educated people!!... nobody said "i´m a burgler"... that´s good... :p

I´m a 31 year old Industrial Designer and hopefully soon to be an Architect. I work 9 1/2 hours a day in this office being the designer of graphics and packaging of this enterprise called Agroland. After that, sometimes i go help my father in his lamp factory and sometimes i just go to my garagge to work in the cars...

And that´s about it gentleman!! :p

Well I'm a Phoneman. Been there for 14 years now and still like the work. Not to exciting of a job but I enjoy it..Besides its one of those dying breed kinda jobs. The haven't hired a phone man around here in 10 years.Now to see it I can hold out for retirement.

BETWEEN THE ROCKET SCIENTIST, THE ENGINEERS, THE ELECTRICIANS, THE GRAFIC DESIGNERS ETC, ETC, ETC, SEEMS LIKE ALL TOGETHER WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO BUILD A COTTON PICKEN FORD.... TO BORROW AN EXPRESSION, ( IT AINT ROCKET SCIENCE) SORRY TN.

I'm a retired Navy Hospital Corpsman and also retired from the Local VA Hospital where I managed the Respiratory Care Department. The only other thing I plan on retiring from is life, and that can take its time getting here.

Currently an Army Officer, just dropped my retirement last week after 24 years. Bought my 73 after my first deployment to Afghanistan in 2002 and financed her reserection with two additional trips to the Middle East (thank goodness for tax exemptions!!) Still trying to grasp what it will be like to actually have to buy real clothing for the next phase of life.:D

Update: Well as soon as my retirement hit the system, the Army offered to keep us posted where we are for a few more years rather then sending us to El Paso, TX. Since I'd rather be in Iraq or anywhere else than El Paso, we decided to stay on active duty for a little while longer. We kinda like the job security and the school systems here are fantastic for the kids so we are going to continue to "pad the retirement". My new job will have me traveling and training units preping for deployments and gives me a great chance go find parts all over the states and maybe have a beer with a few of you.

Marty
UPDATE to my old post

Currently an Army Officer, just dropped my retirement last week after 24 years. Bought my 73 after my first deployment to Afghanistan in 2002 and financed her reserection with two additional trips to the Middle East (thank goodness for tax exemptions!!) Still trying to grasp what it will be like to actually have to buy real clothing for the next phase of life.:D

Update: Well as soon as my retirement hit the system, the Army offered to keep us posted where we are for a few more years rather then sending us to El Paso, TX. Since I'd rather be in Iraq or anywhere else than El Paso, we decided to stay on active duty for a little while longer. We kinda like the job security and the school systems here are fantastic for the kids so we are going to continue to "pad the retirement". My new job will have me traveling and training units preping for deployments and gives me a great chance go find parts all over the states and maybe have a beer with a few of you.

Marty
UPDATE to my old post
With the state of the economy, VERY GOOD CHOICE.

Thanks for the update, Marty. If, for some godforsaken reason, you find yourself headed down I80 toward Reno, NV, give me a shout. I'll be happy to show you all the tumbleweeds and sagebrush your heart could ever desire. :)

Doc

So, what do you guys do to help support your Mustang addictions?

I am a Heavy Duty Parts Manager for Mack, Volvo and UD/Nissan Diesel Trucks. I also specialize in antique Mack parts. I work for a Mack dealer in South Western Pa and we ship antique Mack parts all over the world. We also handle parts, sales and service for New Macks, Volvos and UD! Keeps me pretty busy but allows me a lot of time on the keyboard to manage the dealership website, forum and some of my other projects (like this! LOL)

So that's enough about me...how about you guys?
ahhhh Rocket... we have a little in common. My brother worked for Neely Coble Mack in Nashville. I worked for them part-time delivering trucks back in the day.

Do you remember Chuck Lilly from the 1984 ish time? He moved to DC bout that time... had a daughter that was deaf.

:huh: ....wow all the talented folks here!!! I grew up on a farm....no not the kind where diddy owned it. He was in all practical sense "a share cropper".... and no I'm not black:D but we were just as poor. BUT he did teach me many things. SO...first real job I was a first class welder for Chicago Bridge. Decided money could be made easier white collar.... I've sold forklifts (still partners in a company) and I have to say one of the most fun 15 years I've ever spent. with a little more education I became a consultant for IT software and business process software company. Not much fun.... rude snobby people... so I enjoy taking their money.:cool:

no offense to the IT guys here:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Tnfastbk Wrote: http://neutrons.ornl.gov/facilities/SNS/

Easier to post a link than explain

Do you remember Chuck Lilly from the 1984 ish time? He moved to DC bout that time... had a daughter that was deaf.

No that was way before my time there:D
ahhh okay so you'z a young'n rocket scientist!!!;)

Ex-Navy ET, now I'm a building automation system engineer. Not rocket science, but it pays the bills and a lot of commercial businesses are upgrading to more efficient HVAC systems, so it's pretty secure work. And now I can ship the 'stang down from Washington, so I'm a happy camper!

Back