Occupations

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am an Air Force cop and I plan on a long term career in the military or even go to the the civilian side of law enforcement.
What's your 1st General Order?..lol

I have been Security Forces for 20 years. I'm actually retiring in two weeks. Good luck with your career.

Just cruising the forum, this thread was definitely interesting. I really tried to read your entire post... now my brain hurts!! I need another bourbon...

It doesn't surprise me that you are doing something at that level of science. Have you ever visited the Hadron Collider?? Not really sure if that is the same thing you're involved in...

Me, I'm a retire Marine Chief Warrant Officer, hung that up after 25 years and continued to work for Uncle Sam on Parris Island, SC as a Federal Civilian Employee. I won't be retiring any time soon, I have a 10 year old daughter and a 7 year old son!

Currently I am a Toyota MDT. Worked a Honda dealer for 15 years. Before that I was a New Products Quality Engineer for Digital Equipment Corp. I took the early retirement package at age 26. My senior year of high school I had school in the morning, worked at DEC in the afternoon and went to college at nights. I bought my first Mach 1 as a graduation present to myself in 1983. A green '69 Mach 1 that I wish I never sold. I traded my '70 Cyclone Spoiler for my '73 in '85. I still have that Mach 1

I am an auto-collision tech, and have been for 8 years now. I started as an apprentice/helper at a Cadillac dealership and worked there for just shy of 6 years. I work for Gerber Collision and glass now. Addicted to Mustangs and trying to finish the 71 ;D

I'm going on 25 years as a high voltage electrical General Foreman. My work is mostly as a contractor for ComEd in the Chicago area and its suburbs. I was with ComEd for 17 years then left for the contractor side as a foreman then G.F. Before that I worked as a plumber.

I'm a Cop, going on 26 years. Prior to that I was in the Marine Corps. That being said, it won't stop me from boiling my tires off of my Mustang in the right situation.

I was in the Air Force Security Forces (military police) and just retired after 20 years. I am now planning to apply with San Jose PD.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a heavy equipment mechanic for a paving contractor, been there almost 18 years. Before that, I worked in a truck shop for 8 years.

Joe

First 10yrs of my working career I was a Manager/Buyer/Shipper/Sales Person/Customer Service etc.. did everything at the shop I worked at.. Ive Spent the last 14yrs working @ Wayne Stamping and Assembly and Now Michigan Assembly Plant building the Ford Focus.

I am currently active duty in the Navy. 9 years now. I was trained as a Firecontrolman, basically and electronics technician that works on weapons systems. I operate, maintain, and troubleshoot electronics, mechanics, radar, high pressure/low pressure air, hydraulics, pneumatics, high voltage amplifiers, and other great stuff. My weapon system is a 20MM gatling gun, 6 barrels, fires 4500 rounds per minute. It is designed as an Anti-ship missile defense weapon, but has been recently upgraded to be manually controlled in a surface fire mode to shoot at small boats with a thumb controlled joystick. I did that for 5 years onboard the USS Ford an FFG out of Everett, WA. For the last 3 years I have been a recruiter in Coeur D Alene, ID. I am headed back to Everett this coming April and looking forward to getting back to my real job. I am an E-6 and will likely be taking over a supervisory position when I get to my next command, which means less time troubleshooting and more time watching little kids (I call them kids, but I am only 27 myself). I hope to have other guys in the Everett/Seattle area that can maybe help me with some of the little tweaks I have planned for this car. I am seriously considering a full build project if I get a place with a big enough garage.

Go Navy!

Thank you for your service. My grandfather served 31 years in the Navy. I actually just retired from the Air Force Security Forces (military police after 21 years.

No "real" job, I do cash jobs for friends and family. Pretty much anything and everything: mowing lawns, snow blowing, yard work, car repair, fixing anything (that I can) and the list goes on. I went to a local technical school for auto repair and have an associate's degree in automotive technology, I got a lot of credits for free while I was in high school. Hopefully that's not too long of a description, it doesn't fit on a business card I've tried.

I am currently active duty in the Navy. 9 years now. I was trained as a Firecontrolman, basically and electronics technician that works on weapons systems. I operate, maintain, and troubleshoot electronics, mechanics, radar, high pressure/low pressure air, hydraulics, pneumatics, high voltage amplifiers, and other great stuff. My weapon system is a 20MM gatling gun, 6 barrels, fires 4500 rounds per minute. It is designed as an Anti-ship missile defense weapon, but has been recently upgraded to be manually controlled in a surface fire mode to shoot at small boats with a thumb controlled joystick. I did that for 5 years onboard the USS Ford an FFG out of Everett, WA. For the last 3 years I have been a recruiter in Coeur D Alene, ID. I am headed back to Everett this coming April and looking forward to getting back to my real job. I am an E-6 and will likely be taking over a supervisory position when I get to my next command, which means less time troubleshooting and more time watching little kids (I call them kids, but I am only 27 myself). I hope to have other guys in the Everett/Seattle area that can maybe help me with some of the little tweaks I have planned for this car. I am seriously considering a full build project if I get a place with a big enough garage.

Go Navy!
I remember hearing that CIWS going off right above my shop. Loved that. I preferred the fleet over shore duty.

After the Marine Corps i started working for Johnson Controls building the seats for the F-150 since 98. I really can say I have built over 10 million seats the past 15 years lo

Back