Occupations

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suffer from same disease as many others here. Namely, we can't make our mind up what we want to do when we grow up! I've got a bunch of completely unrelated qualifications which don't help when looking for work. Eg, 11 years as a dry cleaner, 15 years in IT, now bought a business with a friend making security doors and flyscreens. Go figure? As long as it pays for mustang parts, I'm happy I 'spose.

I am a commercial glazier, I install windows and doors in commercial buildings, I just finished a tjmaxx complex and the state airport authority office building here and town, and will be starting a new lW firm building here in the new few days

I was 8 1/2 years in the Navy as an EW, I too remember CIWS going off above my shop SM3570. Did my last 3 years on active duty as a Survival Instructor at the Navy's SERE School on Coronado Island. I am currently still a SERE Instructor, just as a Navy civilian contractor. I am also going to school to finish up my Bachelors and move into a Masters program in Homeland Security and Emergency Management, hope to get a nice federal law enforcement job with it someday! I am still an active reservist in the Navy, wanted to stay affiliated and help out a little...

Decided to take the day off from my rebuild today and was browsing through the site and decided to let you all know what I've done and what I do now.

Spent a little over 20 yrs in the navy in the silent service (Hunt for Red October stuff) on both types of boats. First on fast attack looking for everyone and and then on the FBM's (Trident) hiding from everyone.

My next stint after retiring was to go into the computer industry starting off with MSFT, then STB Systems, 3DFX and finally NVIDIA. Been working with Windows since Win 95.

For hobbies I like working on cars and so far I have rebuilt a 78 Little Red Express truck that I found for $400.00, currently restoring my 73 Mach 1 and then I found a 71 Roadrunner which I plan to start next year sometime.

Also did alot of Salmon fishing up here but boats are worse money pits than cars :)

Well, that's about it, I hope to get to know you all better, tap on your extensive knowledge and help others when possible.

-jbojo

Decided to take the day off from my rebuild today and was browsing through the site and decided to let you all know what I've done and what I do now.

Spent a little over 20 yrs in the navy in the silent service (Hunt for Red October stuff) on both types of boats. First on fast attack looking for everyone and and then on the FBM's (Trident) hiding from everyone.

My next stint after retiring was to go into the computer industry starting off with MSFT, then STB Systems, 3DFX and finally NVIDIA. Been working with Windows since Win 95.

For hobbies I like working on cars and so far I have rebuilt a 78 Little Red Express truck that I found for $400.00, currently restoring my 73 Mach 1 and then I found a 71 Roadrunner which I plan to start next year sometime.

Also did alot of Salmon fishing up here but boats are worse money pits than cars :)

Well, that's about it, I hope to get to know you all better, tap on your extensive knowledge and help others when possible.

-jbojo
Were you stationed at Bangor (WA)?

Were you stationed at Bangor (WA)?

Spent 16 years at that base. The NW is really a nice place to live and I was lucky to have been able to stay in one area so long.

I am a Licensed Optician, and I specialize in fitting Contact Lenses. I have been in the Optical industry for 23 years.

I'm an economist and employed in a variety of related jobs for 27 years. Everything I learned cost/benefit went out the window when it comes to Mustang parts (F1 parts, or whatever I am working on). Supply and demand still apply (unfortunately!)

I retired from the Army after 24 years, Currently own my home remodeling business for the last 16 years

I'm active duty Army and have been since 2000. I've been stationed in North Carolina 3 times, Virginia once (moving back in 2 months) and Georgia once. The Southeast US facilitates driving a class Mustang year round if you can deal with no A/C and blazing hot summers.

My Mustang budgets (72 Coupe & 70 Coupe) are funded by tax-free deployments (8 total) to Afghanistan and Iraq.

RLTW,

-KR

I am retired from the Air Force (Security Forces) and now applying with a couple California Bay Area police departments.

I'm a Mechanical Engineer for Walt Disney Imagineering, currently doing ride development for a new attraction that is going into the Shanghai Disneyland. I've owned my Mach 1 for about 3 months, my GT/CS for almost 2 years and been a Mustang fan since always!

-jbojo
I used to live on John Ogle Rd in Brownsville, right by the Burke Bay Marina! I worked at Bremerton Stereo and Video on Riddell Rd and Wheaton Way. I'll bet we passed each other a few times!!!

-jbojo
I used to live on John Ogle Rd in Brownsville, right by the Burke Bay Marina! I worked at Bremerton Stereo and Video on Riddell Rd and Wheaton Way. I'll bet we passed each other a few times!!!
I lived at the fairgrounds and launched my boat from that marina all the time. Small world:) I'll meet up with you in Vegas in April.

-jbojo

I own several auto repair facilties in Brevard County. I am a member of the SAE, a certified Tribologist,and write articles for several industry magazines. I am also a certified scuba instructor, but with no time to pursue thst.

Back