Oem/repo/nos concurous Where to buy??

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mach1460

Reaction score
My Car
72 mach 1
Where is the best company you have found for buying parts for a restoration?? I know there are a ton out there NPD, Mustangs ulimited, ect ect.

As I work on a variety of Mustang years, parts availability for my earlier cars and later car are pretty good. For my early cars, I buy a lot from NPD, but also occassionally purchase from California Mustang, Mustangs Unlimited, and CJ Pony Parts. I really like NPD as they generally have very good quality parts, but of places I can drive to, California Mustang is closer. CJ's is all about price--but it depends what I am buying as the quality can either be the same as NPD or worse, you just never know. Service is an issue to keep in mind. NPD is very consistent (good) while CJ's has occassionally left me wondering how they stay in business.

Long time members of this forum can probably concur, but to receive a better response I would ask this question referring to a particular part. From my experience

I don't think one vendor supplies the best parts in every category.

I don't think price is a good indicator of quality.

I tend to not purchase from vendors without LIBERAL RETURN POLICIES.

A vendor supplying a great/bad part from 3 years ago does not mean

they are supplying great/bad parts today. IMHO, quality has

significantly improved.

Also, I have personally had great success looking through the forums at restorations people have done and personally asking them where they got the parts and what they thought of the quality. This is more work on your part, but I think you would get a more credible response.

When I did the 65 restoration I wanted quality stuff. I used NPD, Mustang Unlim, and for suspension I used Mustang Plus.

Now I will use Don at OMS.

RE: Power steering rack w/o pump

Haha, Don at Ohio found me a manual box, Ill probobly do the rag joint here at the same time. Anything else I should look into while im in that area?

It depends on what level of restoration you want to do AND how much you are willing to spend. The NOS world is a very expensive place to be. My first contact is someone I trust and have done a lot of business with, Don at OMS. Chuck

{thumbs up} Don knows his stuff!! If i didnt have a mustang ranch so close to me..I would be ordering from him...His customers have nothing but good things to say about the service.

Latest posts

Back