Off the shelf 3rd member that drops into our cars?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I second this. Timken and National are OEM, still made in USA
Timken never made the bearings. They boxed them. I have a few. The BCA federal mogul have not been made for over 20 years. They were USA. I have about 30 of original bearings made in USA. There are currently 2 types made. China which are junk. NO ID china. 2nd. Koyo. Those are usable but no where as good packing as the original USA bearings. Seals: DO NOT get a green colored seal. They are real thin. If they do not leak there is no oil in the diff. Get National (red) from carquest or other. I will sell the OE bearings for $65 each. They are in federal mogul boxes (MADE IN USA). I owned Western Drivetrain in Aurora, co. I know my shit on diffs.

Timken never made the bearings. They boxed them.
When I turned wrenches back in the late 80's, we used a lot of timken bearings....I distinctly recall them being part marked with "Timken". When they boxed them, did they also part mark the bearings? Seems like it might be risky/difficult/cost-prohibitive for them to mark an assembled bearing. Maybe they sourced the with their part mark already in place? Just curious.

Back