offy 360

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today there are a few posts related to intake manifolds. I don't intend to hijack the thread, but since we are talking about manifolds I have a question about mine. I have no idea what brand is it and I need help identifying it. The only writing I can see is on the rear half where it says 351-4V (1st pictures). It is a dual plenum. Here are some pictures with the carb still on.

20150913_103653_resized.jpg

20150913_103754_resized.jpg

20150913_103813_resized.jpg

Edelbrock Performer Dual Plane is my guess (based on the font used for the 351-4V - the lettering on my 351-2V lettering is identical and in the same location).

Hope that helps.

Edelbrock Performer Dual Plane is my guess (based on the font used for the 351-4V - the lettering on my 351-2V lettering is identical and in the same location).

Hope that helps.
It could be. I was looking online and the pictures show that it should say "Performer" and "Edelbrock." However, the shape and geometric features look the same. Maybe the old ones had different writing than the new ones. Does yours say "351-2V" and that's it? no Edelbrock lettering?

Today there are a few posts related to intake manifolds. I don't intend to hijack the thread, but since we are talking about manifolds I have a question about mine. I have no idea what brand is it and I need help identifying it. The only writing I can see is on the rear half where it says 351-4V (1st pictures). It is a dual plenum. Here are some pictures with the carb still on.
yes, as Mister 4x4 said, its an old edelbrock 2665 intake for 4 barrel heads or a chinese copy.

ph_596.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Hope that helps.
It could be. I was looking online and the pictures show that it should say "Performer" and "Edelbrock." However, the shape and geometric features look the same. Maybe the old ones had different writing than the new ones. Does yours say "351-2V" and that's it? no Edelbrock lettering?
No - mine has the Edelbrock script in the same place as the picture Barnett468 posted up, along with "Performer LB 351-2V" (however, my script is straight not curved... and I polished the crap out of it - the lettering and script, that is - details, details...)

intake5.jpg

Got it from Summit Racing back in 2012.

hey . I just put an offenhauser 360 single plane with 750 dp mech secondaries under ram air hood. Runs awesome. Its a lot better than the 4300 carb and stock intake.

How is the bottom end response on the Offy? I keep hearing they are sluggish on the bottom end.
I run a 3.91 gear and four speed. low rpm isnt encountered.seems it starts to pull best at 2500 rpm

George Pence was doing a dyno project on manifolds at one time and the 360 offenhauser was one on the list to be tested but I was unable to locate the final report. Does anyone have this?

Thanks,

BT

Edit: Actually, I'm not sure it was George Pence or someone else...but there was a test started some time back with a fairly long list of intakes to be tested.

Last edited by a moderator:
George Pence was doing a dyno project on manifolds at one time and the 360 offenhauser was one on the list to be tested but I was unable to locate the final report. Does anyone have this?

Thanks,

BT

Edit: Actually, I'm not sure it was George Pence or someone else...but there was a test started some time back with a fairly long list of intakes to be tested.
George does very little testing as far as I know . . There was an intake comparison test done by Dave Mclain and Dan Jones which I have.

There was also a very large intake test done by another person and he posted the results in his book so the info is not available online.

I will post the Dan Jones info if you ant.

Back