painted cougar

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodsnake

Reaction score
My Car
1967,68, and 69 Cougar,
and of course the 71 I am trying to sell!

http://s819.photobucket.com/albums/zz114/woodsnake4462838/
Looks good! I also have a week spot for Cougars and Mercurys in general. Chuck

Thanks for the kind words, I really have been working on this car for over 20 years. Actually longer, if you consider the first 69 that I had, that I rolled.

I got to see the trunk and hood today, whilst dealing with a rear valance and mirror issue. the new valance I bought doesn't fit right at all! About a a two inch gap, where it meets up under the rear bumper.

By any chance, do any of you guys have a passenger sport mirror that fits a cougar? I have an "extra" pair of sport mirrors for a mustang ( I believe, I will post the part number if anybody is interested), but the door mount is wrong for my car...

Bump....I'm kind of bored, so I thought I would add a few pictures of my other two Cougar's

Bump....I'm kind of bored, so I thought I would add a few pictures of my other two Cougar's

My 68, the gray one, and my 67, the blue one. The 8 got the T5 dual quad set up, the 67 has a 5.0 swapped in from a 84 Bronco. I have a lot planned for that car, as i have been stocking up on parts for it for the last 20 years or so. Also, about the 'Lemans' bowl carbs....I have been in love with them since I saw my first 65 Shelby, and so have acquired a few "extra" pairs of fuel bowls. I think I have 5 carbs with that set up now...

I've learned over the years, that my 67 is a 1 of 2 by color combination, and so will now get a cosmetic restoration, with the planned engine drive train upgrades..

CRTC 150.jpg

All my projects 1959.jpg

All my projects 255.jpg

All my projects 218.jpg

All my projects 1355.jpg

All my projects 1367.jpg

All my projects 2029.jpg

All my projects 2030.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
All my projects 609.jpgAll my projects 670.jpgI got about 5 miles on it, before the engine came out. I was hoping that I could have finished the engine build before I moved the car, but that didn't happen. A couple of unforseeable things came up. Brad new, still in the box heads from trick flow, (bought in 05) had a bad valve in them. Plus the heads weren't drill for the larger 351 head bolts. So, that was some wasted time. Just enough to make me tow the car to Colorado "unfinished". I'm still kind of butt hurt about it. I don't know how the heads made it out of quality control with that bad valve in it. Of course, since the heads were bought in 05, and had stayed wrapped up in the box until last November, didn't mean anything..

Old engine in car, ran pretty good, but smoked. I thought the cam had failed in it, as I had a lot of shavings in the metal when I last changed the oil. I was wrong...The cam was fine, the shavings were from the fuel pump eccentric rubbing on the timing cover. The rebuilt engine, that is sitting in the car now. I couldn't find the rocker arm bolts, so I was unable to measure for push rods. The trans is just sitting on the mount, in the car, as the one I bought on Ebay, didn't quite fit...

Oh, another thing about the trick flow heads, they say that regardless of the cam, you will need a longer push rod.

I bought a complete retro roller cam kit from comp, that came with its own hardened push rods, just so I wouldn't have to measure....

I HATE it when I outsmart my self!

All my projects 676.jpg

All my projects 1153.jpg

All my projects 1679.jpg

Back