Parking brake handle

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Sport Roof
So I took the Mustang for a spin a little while back, and when I released the parking brake the handle snapped off at the point of attachment. I'll grab some photos and post them up. What are my options? Since a whole chunk broke off the side would it be repairable? I looked on OMS' website and nothing, nada, zilch for a handle. Just the cable which is good on mine.

Ideas?

If it didn't fracture into several pieces, I'd try a LITTLE bit of Gorilla super glue, wipe any excess, sand with 600, black vinyl paint. As far as I know, the part is not reproduced. Chuck

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/RAWN-35105-/20-1090

Try this stuff. Its a great product and the fix is usually stronger than the original. I've stripped out screws on plastic before, drilled out the hole mixed some up, coat the crew with lubricant and stick it in. Back the screw out and its threaded again. Great for any kind of plastic nob or handle. Best you could even add a little coloring before hand.

Back