• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted Pass seat hinge cover wanted

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Mac,
I checked all my sources for NOS parts, and these covers have been discontinued for so long that there is nothing out there in cyberland! The original black part number is D1ZZ-6561694-A, replaced by D1ZZ-6561694-H. I checked all the other colors just in case any showed that could be painted, but nothing came up with those numbers either. The '72-3 Mustang used D2ZZ-6561694-A. The Mercury Cougar and '71/ Maverick with the bucket seat option used the same hinge cover.
If no one here has one looking for a new home, you could check with Mike @Motor City Mustang. He has been known to pull a magic rabbit out of his hat more than once.
Another source for a used cover would be West Coast Classic Cougar.

https://secure.cougarpartscatalog.c...973-Ford-Mustang-clone.html?sessionthemeid=26
Good luck with your search.

Secluff,

Thanks for the info. As per your suggestion, I contacted West Coast Classic Cougar and was able to order a Ford used one from them. Their price was reasonable (I thought), especially since the after market covers do not have the raised boss to fit / retain the cover to the side of your hinge.

Back