performance distributors

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The distributor is a 3 wire system. Ready to learn, this might be why I feel like it is underpowered. Looking forward to following your lead totaled to get this right. I did read that the box has its own internal fuse so that might explain why the ballast resistor is not needed. So the ballast resistor is reducing voltage to ignition and essentially weakening spark?

I see you have 3.73 gearing and my car came with 2.75. 3.73 gives faster acceleration, correct?

One other question, cars battery is way smaller than the deck it sits on, does that have any impact other than starting? Does it impact alternator?

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, you don't need the resistor.

Yes, 3.73 will give you better acceleration than 2.75. (I used to have 2.75 until I swapped to 3.50.)

I rewired the front and adjusted timing and I am a lot closer. I found a mechanic to tune it too perfection. He has a 300 mile per hour 3.9 second drag car so I think he is the right guy. I have to wait two weeks until he has time. That sucks.

I thought it odd that with all the apparent new hardware up front the strut tower braces were missing. Will buy them soon. Still need to put new interior parts and wheels and tires on. Also need to remove the stupid shackles that have the back end up so high. Not a fan of that look.
I have extra strut tower braces. Want them? PM me.

Back