Persistence and Patiencnding e pay off..

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7173Vert

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Convertible, 1973 Hardtop
For those that followed the restoration of my J Code Vert starting in 2015, may recall my search for a very nice pair of rear interior side panels. Mine had speaker holes cut in them... and the AZ heat and wear and tear had definitely taken a toll on them. I bought two different sets; the first a repo set out of a company in Phoenix. Junk, plain and simple... I then took a chance on a heavily used and abused set with no speaker hole cut outs. They were out of Texas. As soon as I pulled them out of the box, the finish was crumbling in my hands. There was no hope of saving these and the guy should never have sold them to the public in the first place... They went in the garbage. So, I painstakingly restored my originals (with speaker hole cut outs) as best I could until, hopefully, I could locate a replacement set. They turned out quite nice, but, with this restoration, I wanted original unmolested panels. Four year’s passed and I kept looking, finally an older gentleman (80+) in Cali. posted an apparently nice original set on eBay. He said that these were pulled from a wrecked ‘71 vert in the late ‘70’s and stored away. He was starting to clear out a lot of extra parts... He started these at $200 on the auction. I contacted him asking for a price to buy them now... He came back with a shipping cost of $130 to Buffalo, which I would have paid, reluctantly. I never heard back from him. So, I concentrated on winning the auction. I did so, with a bid of $202.50 at the last second. Here’s the kicker... it included shipping:) I just picked them up today. Just outstanding pieces! Shame I have to redo them in white... These are extra rare today as they don't incorporate the seat belt openings and because my car did not come with the Decor option, no passenger side ash tray either. A very small window to locate exactly what I needed. The Mustang God’s have answered this enthusiast’s prayer...

Last edited by a moderator:
Outstanding! Those look fantastic. I'm glad that you continue to find the parts you need for your car.

They look brand new! I was lucky enough myself finding a set from a 71 Cougar for less what you paid, just a little sun faded and an ash tray on both sides. 

Agree with the junk pieces from the company out of Phoenix, sent them right back!!!

Back