Photoshop taillight ideas

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread is interesting. I'm making different all kinds of parts including professional quality lighting and I had considered making custom LED Tail lights. I can do my own creation, fabrication and programming. I was thinking about making up something like this to f it my 73 Vert markers. I can program them to change to blinkers, etc. Too modern?

71f10J9clRL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Attachments

• 71f10J9clRL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    71f10J9clRL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 0
That's what I am thinking. Right now I am working on plug and play programmable color dash lights to retro-fit any classic. My beta is working currently. This way if you want factory colored lights you can have them, if you want red, white, blue or any color really you can have it. 

I really want to create some nice, programmable led tail lights and the programming is similar to other projects I have done. Im thinking something that looks like afterburners on a jet!

Here's a concept I like that was posted years ago by a member here. It kinds looks like an early 70's T-bird taillight. I'm sure it would have to be custom. I like the rear "spoiler" treatment too. I think this concept would look great as a convertible.

6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a concept I like that was posted years ago by a member here. It kinds looks like an early 70's T-bird taillight. I'm sure it would have to be custom. I like the rear "spoiler" treatment too. I think this concept would look great as a convertible.

View attachment 43036
its a good look for a 71-73 coupe, here's a render i did recently.

Attachments

• coupeSailPanel_01.png
    coupeSailPanel_01.png
    937 KB · Views: 0
  • coupeSailPanel_b_01.png
    coupeSailPanel_b_01.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
I know....
These are my concepts for a modified tail light that has a more interesting shape than the stock lights yet, still flows with the 71 body lines.

Attachments

• bosscomp_v00.jpg
    bosscomp_v00.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • bosscomp_v01.jpg
    bosscomp_v01.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
  • BOSSCOMP_v011.png
    BOSSCOMP_v011.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 1
Can you render this one up on a 71-73? I really like it on the Torino.

View attachment 85427
I really like the single tail light look, but those bottom corners are not going to fit inside the rounded shape of the mustang tail light panel. I could design something similar, but it would have to be a custom shape.

Back