possible 1971 mach 1 purchase

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Oklahoma city car has been on Craigslist for quite awhile, maybe a couple years. Could be a good reason it's still for sale...or maybe they are just asking way too much.
I know the car and yes to all you mentioned...

:whistling:

Ray

how do I post pictures. I wanted to show you guys some info on the 72 from Norfolk. Neither the atlanta one or omaha one will go below 7k. and with shipping or even hubby going to get it puts it at the high range. I'm still waiting back on an answer with a counter offer, but here is option 3 maybe. I know it won't be worth as much as the M code but I'm not worried about resale value. We never plan on selling it.

door code - 2F05H128131

Body - 63R

Col - 4E

Trim - GR

Axle - 2

TRNS - X

DSO - 22

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the info.

TO post a pic click on the post reply button (not the quick reply at the bottom of the main screen.) a new screen will open. Type your comments in the box. Then down at the bottom there is a section called "attachments". click the browse button, find your pic select it. To post an additional pic click the "Add Attachment" button to the right and then browse for another one.

Norfolk.JPG

How do you know what this one had originally (the norfolk one)? I would like to know what it should look like before I look further at it? Is it worth anything? I was looking again at the atlanta car and those side pipes would have to go if I could get him down to $6500 on it.

I posted above what the Norfolk one had originally.

Bright lime paint, 351 2v (H-Code Motor). Green Vinyl interior, FMX Automatic, 2.75 open rear axel, Mach 1, ordered fro Charlotte district sales office and produced in Dearborn MI.

How do you know what this one had originally (the norfolk one)? I would like to know what it should look like before I look further at it? Is it worth anything? I was looking again at the atlanta car and those side pipes would have to go if I could get him down to $6500 on it.
I think the Atlanta car would be a good buy at $6,500. As for the Norfolk car maybe the $3,500 to $4,000 range (I doubt he would go that low) but you are looking at a lot more than $3-$4k to get the Norfolk car to the point of the Atlanta car. And yes the side pipes are not my cup of tea either.

I posted above what the Norfolk one had originally.

Bright lime paint, 351 2v (H-Code Motor). Green Vinyl interior, FMX Automatic, 2.75 open rear axel, Mach 1, ordered fro Charlotte district sales office and produced in Dearborn MI.
I got that.. lol. I guess the marti report would tell me what it all originally came with. Which I'll order for whichever car I purchase.

Thanks for the info, I really do appreciate it. I'm just so up in the air on these cars. lol. I want one that he can work on, but I want one that's not at the top of my price range to not be able to do any work on it. Maybe I'll offer 4k for the one in norfolk and see if he bites? I really would like it to be a project car for him and the boys to work on and I'm loving the fact that it was the lime green.

I do like the one in Atlanta as well, but logistics are making that one a little more difficult considering he said he wouldn't go below 7k for it. The omaha guy ignored my offer, so I'm assuming he is not interested at that price.

No matter which one you get they will have plenty to work on. Trust me.

I have to say I like the Atlanta car better for the asking prices.

Ray

I found a nice yellow convertible for you, and it's only $4500. It's readily available, and well taken care of. You might have to spend a little bit of money to look at the car in person and drive it home, though.

Here's a picture:

1z21rv4.png

So a convertible is OK? Great! I'll draw up a bill of sales just for you, Karla.

That one has potential. If it's just the floor pans, and maybe even the cowl (which usually helps the floor pans along), that would be a pretty smokin' deal. The paint looks great (all three pics, anyway), and the seller sounds realistic.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back