Power loss and knocking sound cil 3

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beenie

Reaction score
My Car
Ford mustang mach 1 1971
Hallo .

I have a problem. After i had the car front up say about 45 degree and for 2 days for brake job . My motoris making probleem s at first idle stall in gear . And rough idle . And bad starting have to give full throttle and then it wil idle in p rough. Now i have a knocking sound at cil 3 but not always and not every time say it makes knock knock knock and 5sec nothing and knock . When half throttle no knocking .

I have the carburettor cleant. I have new cabels new distributor new plugs .

Every thing where good before the brake job.

I hope somebody haves a idee.

I would start by removing and examining the spark plug for that cylinder.
I have removed the sparkplug and everthing is good .

Now i have pulled the intake . And i see that the intake is leaking inside on cil 2 . 3 . 6. 7 . Also many bolts on the intake where hand tight

Update . Everything put back toghter. And now i am playing with the valve clearness but when i thigten then nut al the way down the valve on exhaust and intake stays open

So what do i wrong?? Still runs crap .

Help needed

Maybe when you had the car on angle the float in the carburetor got hung up?

Tap on the float bowl of the carb with soft hammer not hard just tap. What engine are you working with? There are videos on the internet that show how to properly adjust the valves. With a lifter that has oil in it the valve will open sometimes as you tighten the adjuster and be ok when running. Go look at some videos they explain it with pictures much easier than I can. Look for one for your engine.

Did it run OK before the brake work? I don't know what has been done to the engine but, the attachment may help with getting the lifter preload right. Due to previous machine work to the block deck and head surface (material removal) that the pushrod now is too long. This would cause too much preload when the bolt is tightened down. This is just a guess. Chuck

http://www.panteraplace.com/Tech%20Info/Crane%20cam%20info.pdf

We need a lot more information than what you've given so far..

Engine size

Hydraulic or solid lifters

Type carburetor

Type intake manifold

Distributor

What work have you done so far..

Please be detailed and accurate..

Thaks

We need a lot more information than what you've given so far..

Engine size

Hydraulic or solid lifters

Type carburetor

Type intake manifold

Distributor

What work have you done so far..

Please be detailed and accurate..

Thaks
Hallo.

Engine 347 stroker.

Hydraulic liftera

Holly 750cfm

Edelbrock rpm

Standard distributor with perdox installed. And flametrower coil

Cam is unknown . I know it has more lift then the original i pulled out of the engine. But how much i dont know . Its second hand pulled out other engine that i have for parts

But i have a update . Its now working fine

The intake where leaking to the inside of the engine.

Now i only have to fine tune the distributor and carburettor

Thanks for the helps and my best greeting to you al.

Back