Railroad fans?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for posting the videos and how wonderful they survived and 2 are set to run again,

In NY we has a few streamliners but in NY's infinite wisdom they were of coarse scrapped instead of donated to a museum.

Hudson_locomotive_for_the_New_York_Central.jpg

Thank you for posting the videos and how wonderful they survived and 2 are set to run again,

In NY we has a few streamliners but in NY's infinite wisdom they were of coarse scrapped instead of donated to a museum.
Ya, and i understand to a point, a lot of money in steel locked up in a old steamer they don't use anymore..But like a old building they tear down, once it is gone, it is gone!! and a shame..Like Northern Pacific, it had the mighty yellowstone locomotives " all scrapped" Even the famous Northern 4-8-4's " run by alot of steam locomotives to this day" Not one of Northern Pacifics 4-8-4's survived the scrapper.

Picture of one of the massive yellowstone locomotive's below. she was pretty much the size of a big boy, bit older thou.

nothern pacific.jpg

Neat. Something my Dad probably would have liked. He retired from the UP shortly before he was diagnosed. I still have a bunch of UP/CNW stuff of his.
Same here Totalled, I still got alot of my grampa's tools, i come to find out " maybe why i got the train bug a little" my grampa worked for Northern Pacific, Union Pacific, and Hanford D.O.E railroad..I did not know he worked for UP till i started runing into his old UP tools and such. This old Pick axe i used it around the house to break up dirt and stuff for years and years. i never new till i looked closer that it was a UP pick axe..lol

P5150150.JPG

P5150149.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Back