Ram air install 73 351/4v

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ram air was added to my 73 vert, and I still have the EGR plate and another 1/2 spacer with no issues.

Scott
That's what I was able to do as well until I changed the manifold so the egr spacer is no longer an issue. I just have a phenolic spacer in there.

But with a square bore carb and the stock manifold with the egr hole open I think there will be issues if you remove the egr spacer whxih covers that hole.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I do appreciate all the info, and the sale price. Should be week after I get started on it. I'll take pics on the install. I always say that and then get all busy. Looks like a little trail and error involved.

This is a spare 4v manifold I have, not sure of the year. I'll possibly need taps for these two holes. Just wanna make sure I take all the right tools up to my buddies shop.

7909.jpg

I do appreciate all the info, and the sale price. Should be week after I get started on it. I'll take pics on the install. I always say that and then get all busy. Looks like a little trail and error involved.

This is a spare 4v manifold I have, not sure of the year. I'll possibly need taps for these two holes. Just wanna make sure I take all the right tools up to my buddies shop.
Yes, that is the same manifold as mine.

EGR Spacer.jpg

Anyone got a solution to this? The EGR spacer will need to come off so the hood will close. I could tap and plug the hole but its going to leave this gap where the valley is in the manifold/ Currently fabricating one out of steel but its a real pain in the butt.

Anyone got a solution to this? The EGR spacer will need to come off so the hood will close. I could tap and plug the hole but its going to leave this gap where the valley is in the manifold/ Currently fabricating one out of steel but its a real pain in the butt.
Go on quadrajetparts.com and look @ 1729C That is what I ordered and am using.

Last edited by a moderator:
I shouldn't say using. That is what I used.

Can't quite read the date code. Looks like either 9 ? 2, can't make out the letter, but that doesn't make sense as it is a spread bore, so is it 2 ? 6? for a 72 manifold? You have the info there if you can read it.

The heat riser holes can be plugged with a 5/16th set screw, but don't tap too deep so you can use the tap taper to lock the screw in place if you get my meaning. That is what I did, but I went all the way and blocked off the heat passages from under the manifold as I did NOT want excess heat under the Holley carb. A 1/4" insulated spacer may work for you, but you'll have to check clearance.

This is very good to know. I had to add a throttle position sensor and needed to add a 1/2 spacer. I have a 73 vert Hcode so I'm optomistic mine will fit.

Ram air was added to my 73 vert, and I still have the EGR plate and another 1/2 spacer with no issues.

Scott

::thumb::

boss 351 intake.jpg~original.jpgperformer LB1.JPGperformer LB2.JPGperformer LB3.JPGMy Ramair set up is on its way.....sounds like I might be in for some chop cut rebuild to make it work with my intake combo.

This is a 2V head Cleveland I selected the 4V/4bl Performer as the 2V/4bl manifold passage port size is just ridiculously small and the Performer 4bl port size is a good match to my 2V head port sizes. Just a little port matching required to mate them up.

Edelbrock Performer LB 4bl manifold with a Holley carb? will work without a spacer however I plan to run at least a heat insulation spacer.

I include a photo of the Boss 351 AL hi-rise intake which other than the typical Ford Carb off center location appears to be similar to the edelbrock.

Back