ram air manifold

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommy

Reaction score
My Car
1973 mach 1 Q code 4 speed
Hi Guys

First up went to the most wicked car show today here in OZ at Lakeside Queensland all American Iron it was fricken awesome. If you are wondering where all your muscle cars are goin they are here in OZ!!! not sure on numbers but somewhere around 200 plus cars some real monsters among them heaps of chev's ,dodge,trans ams, etc and of course mustangs heaps of 67 68 etc but just one 71/73 mustang which was a 73 mach 1 (not mine as its in pieces) they had 1/8th drag races and it was a great day so ive come home all inspired and i know you ve all been through this many times but its hard to get info and parts here so im over the stock 4v manifold on my Q code with ram air so please can you guys let me know what intake manifolds i can use that will fit with the ram air hood please. thanks heaps

ive heard the edelbrock performer ,offenhauser 360 and im interested in the Blue thunder but dont know which one as there web site is pretty basic please tell me all guys as i need a new manifold and im all reved up after today

Dave tommy

Wish I could help , but I"ve got a big block with poor mans ram air .:p

On advice received from a long while back, I went with the Edelbrock Performer dual-plane intake manifold BECAUSE it works with the Ram Air system (well, that... and I prefer Edelbrock anyway :D ).

Hope that helps and good luck!

Thanks guys anyone got info on the Blue thunder manifolds is it the pantera one that will fit with Ram air

Dave Tommy

I'll second the Edelbrock Performer. I put an Edelbrock Thunder Series 650CFM carb on top, and it actually sits a bit lower than the stock intake/carb (2V).

ive scored an ozzie 780 holley from an XA GT RPO 83 Phase 4 look it up and you ll see where we went with the 351c in oz 2 or 4 door they are awesome but the mustangs better coz i got one!!!

Tommy,

I agree with Mister 4x4 and CZ-75.

Optional: Take a look at the Edelbrock Ford 351 Cleveland V8 RPM AIR-GAP 351C (1500-6500 rpm) manifold. It features an open space that separates the runners from the hot engine oil resulting in a cooler, denser fuel / air mixture charge. Their physical dimensions (Performer RPM and Air-Gap) are very close to each other.

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/mc/manifolds/ford/rpm_air_gap-351c.shtml

mustang7173

Tommy,

I agree with Mister 4x4 and CZ-75.

Optional: Take a look at the Edelbrock Ford 351 Cleveland V8 RPM AIR-GAP 351C (1500-6500 rpm) manifold. It features an open space that separates the runners from the hot engine oil resulting in a cooler, denser fuel / air mixture charge. Their physical dimensions (Performer RPM and Air-Gap) are very close to each other.

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/mc/manifolds/ford/rpm_air_gap-351c.shtml

mustang7173
Wow - I'd thought that the Air Gap manifold was too tall for the Ram Air plenum set-up. Interesting.

I'll second the Edelbrock Performer. I put an Edelbrock Thunder Series 650CFM carb on top, and it actually sits a bit lower than the stock intake/carb (2V).
I'm running an Edelbrock Performer with Edelbrock Thunder Series 650CFM carb with a functioning Ram Air system on my 71. The seal against the hood plenum is snug (as it should be) with no issues.

Jim

Hello Eric,

Performer RPM: A: 4.42 and B: 5.70

Performer Air-Gap: A: 4.48 and B: 5.56 - According to site Requires #8565 bolt kit.

Yes, It was wow when I looked them up! When you placed the measurements together, it looks like either one would work. Definitely recommend measuring before purchasing.

mustang7173

Hello Eric,

Performer Air-Gap: A: 4.48 and B: 5.56 - According to site Requires #8565 bolt kit.

Yes, It was wow when I looked them up! When you placed the measurements together, it looks like either one would work. Definitely recommend measuring before purchasing.

mustang7173
Sweet! Thanks for sharing! ::thumb::

I'm running an Edelbrock Performer with Edelbrock Thunder Series 650CFM carb with a functioning Ram Air system on my 71. The seal against the hood plenum is snug (as it should be) with no issues.

Jim
Just to be clear, you are running the standard Performer correct? Not the Performer RPM?

The heights are a lot different and I think the RPM versions are too tall for RA:

Performer: A: 3.50 and B: B-4.30

Performer Air-Gap: A: 4.48 and B: 5.56

Greg

thanks guys found one here in Oz its a replica 4v but alloy and improvements the runners and plenum they are a little more expensive as custom made

some of the GT boys here are running them with good result s

they even have the ford logo

i ll put pics up when i get it

Dave Tommy

Yes, totaled, but... there was a short period of time that people thought that Edelbrock made a "Performer Air Gap" for the 351c 2V.... it was

Supposedly the best of all worlds.... but alas... it never gsppened

Back