Received Valve Covers from VPW in Australia today (not good)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So Joey from VPW ended up getting back to me with a strange request. He asked for me to destroy to old valve covers and send him pictures of them broken up and he'll send me out a new pair. OK? Fine with me. I had no intention of using these and I can understand returning doesn't make sense based on shipping. I'm just going to note to really look over the set they are sending and add some extra protection. Stay tuned.

Sounds like this story will end up good for you.

He just want to make sure no "light damaged covers" are offered on Ebay.

I'd say, be creative, and surprise us with some cool destruction method! :)

Good to hear you got some satisfaction from them albeit a slow response. I have purchased quite a bit from them and would agree their customer service is lacking somewhat. Everything apart from an oil pan that needed modification (ended up with a Kevko) was fine. I only buy from them when there is a sale on but if I want good service and advice I go elsewhere.

Damn shame you had to destroy those valve covers they could have been repaired to look passable.

Let's hope your next set works out and you are happy with the fit, mine are fine and have no complaints plus did not expect much for the price

Make sure you use some Felpro rubber gaskets or similar

Just want to follow up on this that I received and 2nd set of valve covers today. They came with better packaging and survived the trip across the pond. All has been corrected. They are not perfect in the casting but for the money and the sake of being different they will pass just fine.

Just want to follow up on this that I received and 2nd set of valve covers today. They came with better packaging and survived the trip across the pond. All has been corrected. They are not perfect in the casting but for the money and the sake of being different they will pass just fine.
Cool but we want pics!! Glad to hear you got new ones.

Cool but we want pics!! Glad to hear you got new ones.
Here they are. Still have some lines in the casting but I'll be using them for now. Whenever the guy who makes the blue thunders decides to make another  run I'll probably get a set. He said maybe the fall.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love those.

Can you post the link to where you bought them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back