Replaced bias ply with radials

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

BOSS351

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
I have a Grabber Lime Boss 351. The added bonus is it has a Gear Vendor overdrive for added drive-ability.
I replaced a set of Wide Oval bias ply tires with these Radial T/As. They are 235/60. Wow,  much more responsive to steering input and handles much better. And they were only around $120 ea, money well spent. I stuck with my Luxury Wheel Covers since it is a different look and that is the way the car was ordered.

P

Pastel Blue

I replaced a set of Wide Oval bias ply tires with these Radial T/As. They are 235/60. Wow,  much more responsive to steering input and handles much better. And they were only around $120 ea, money well spent. I stuck with my Luxury Wheel Covers since it is a different look and that is the way the car was ordered.

Nice. After much deliberation, I did the same thing (exact) on my current restoration. I had the bias ply on an earlier car I owned and wound up switching them out to radials as well. Just no comparison in the ride quality. I even have the sport caps on mine as well.

BOSS351

VIP Members
Reaction score
My Car
I have a Grabber Lime Boss 351. The added bonus is it has a Gear Vendor overdrive for added drive-ability.

Nice. After much deliberation, I did the same thing (exact) on my current restoration. I had the bias ply on an earlier car I owned and wound up switching them out to radials as well. Just no comparison in the ride quality. I even have the sport caps on mine as well.
Most folks don't even realize they are hub caps.

Mister 4x4

Too Big to Sneak
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
LOVE the sport caps!   ::thumb:: 

The '71 Mach 1 I fell in love with as a kid was Grabber Yellow with a set of sport caps & deluxe ginger interior.

Good lookin' car - Happy New Shoes, To You!!

Bill73Ragtop

Long time vintage mustang hobbyist
Reaction score
My Car
1969 Convertible Restomod enhanced.
former owner (25 yrs) of 1973 Convertible, 351c, A/C, RA
Great looking car! IMO, unless you have a garage / trailer queen destined for pure show, mounting radials are a benefit for overall driving safety and enjoyment.

Latest posts