Resto mod

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time to install these roller rockers. I don't forsee a huge difference, but less friction means more efficient, better milage and a slight performance boost. I can't imagine a reason not to install them. Some say you can get an extra 10 or 15 hp.

rockers.jpg

So you can put roller rockers on a non roller engine? Didn't know that, i always heard it would mess something up, Can't remember what though.
That motor looks like a fox 5.0 so it IS a roller motor. They didn't come with roller rockers from the factory. I have a carbed 5.0 that I have thought of putting in my 72. How much modification did you have to do to put it in? I thought it would be a bolt in except for the front sump pan.

So you can put roller rockers on a non roller engine? Didn't know that, i always heard it would mess something up, Can't remember what though.
That motor looks like a fox 5.0 so it IS a roller motor. They didn't come with roller rockers from the factory. I have a carbed 5.0 that I have thought of putting in my 72. How much modification did you have to do to put it in? I thought it would be a bolt in except for the front sump pan.
My car was factory fitted with the 302, somewhere down the line it received a early/mid 80's rebuilt 302. I put a factory 289 4bbl intake on it. I was going to look to find a late 80's roller motor to rebuild (performance) on the stand while I just use the current engine for putting around.

So the roller engines did NOT have roller rockers? I thought they did. So just cam and lifters were roller.

My car was factory fitted with the 302, somewhere down the line it received a early/mid 80's rebuilt 302. I put a factory 289 4bbl intake on it. I was going to look to find a late 80's roller motor to rebuild (performance) on the stand while I just use the current engine for putting around.

So the roller engines did NOT have roller rockers? I thought they did. So just cam and lifters were roller.
Just roller cam's from the factory. Roller rockers were always a nice easy upgrade after the fact. The 302's are bolt in from the day they started making them till the day they stopped, short of oil pan shapes and headers. To the best of my knowledge they never changed the basic exterior block configuration as far as where the motor mounts bolted to.

grasshopper , ur car is awesome and clean. ur car gives me a lot of inspiration on what my next moves are with my 5.0 EFI'd coupe

All I had to do was put on the correct oil pan and sump, but for mine I also had to drill the timing cover for an oil dipstick. The 5.0 from the fox body had the oil dip in the pan. Not sure about your carbed 302.

So Fox news wants to do a story, call, call, email, and next thing you know it's my mustang wrapped around a pretty blonde reporter. Her name was Anna, and she said the segment would air in a week or two on fox. I'll post details if I find out when it comes on.

Everyone enjoyed the shoot. Well, I had fun anyway. Seemed like everyone else did too.

anna3.jpg

anna2.jpg

Anna1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, somebody posted the video with Anna in another thread.

But there is one other thing I'd like to see: you put the fuse box and some more stuff into the dashboard above the glove box.

What does the dash panel look like now and how do you access the fuse box? Do you simply remove it or does it have a flap or something?

Or did I miss that in the thread?

But there is one other thing I'd like to see: you put the fuse box and some more stuff into the dashboard above the glove box.

What does the dash panel look like now and how do you access the fuse box? Do you simply remove it or does it have a flap or something?

You didn't miss it. I still haven't finished the interior, but I'll be posting pictures as I do. It will probably look stock, but with a few screw heads, and I'll keep a screwdriver in the glove box in case I need to access the fuse panel.

She's looking like gone in 60 seconds now. Anyone have a bumper and a door handy?

door dent.jpg

You didn't miss it. I still haven't finished the interior, but I'll be posting pictures as I do. It will probably look stock, but with a few screw heads, and I'll keep a screwdriver in the glove box in case I need to access the fuse panel.

She's looking like gone in 60 seconds now. Anyone have a bumper and a door handy?
Ouch !!!!! :s:s

It was just a truck driver with a blind spot. I"m not even upset really. She needed paint anyway. Only looked good from about 20 paces. Any closer and you would see all kinds of bubbles, runs and "elephant skin" looking spots. At least now I can pick my own color yellow, so I can do touch-ups in the future.

Meanwhile, I'm switching the dash lights to LEDs and doing away with the circut ribbon. Turns out that t10 sockets snap in perfectly to the original holes. I already wired up the fuel gauge with a new resistor, and it works great.

I found the sockets and bulbs on amazon for 20 bucks.

cluster.JPG

bulbs.JPG

Latest posts

Back