Restoration Detail Oversights?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depending on build date, consider paying close attention to the date codes and parts. I built a 64 1/2 a few years back, my first 64 1/2 but not my first 65-66. I knew the car was early production and was pretty far in when I realized how different it was. By then some really valuable, non-replaceable items were gone. If you have space, keep everything until you are done as other posters have said.

Microbag—make kit bags with smaller component bags inside. Organize your hardware and small parts by a bagging system. Here is how it works: Main Bag = “Left Door”, sub-bags inside the main bag are for hinge bolts, exterior handle hardware, latch hardware, inside handle hardware, window crank hardware, window guide hardware, mirror hardware, trim panel hardware, etc. I teach this system to body shops for collision repair disassembly and reassembly to facilitate replacing broken hardware and ensure rapid reassembly. For us, it is the length of time between disassembly and reassembly. We purchase quality bags from U-Line rather than the cheap grocery store bags. They hold up longer and are durable.

I actually did say "get rid of it when it's done." Meaning that once you're done, you can let it go... otherwise you'll have a garage full of stuff to get rid of. (like me... still...)

Last edited:
Back