RimBlow steering wheel repair

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Convertible, factory 302, disc brakes and A/C. Started to rebuild it all original but elected to go full tilt and rebuilt everything in the drivetrain, a/c, cooling, etc. etc. etc.
I have a RimBlow steering wheel in my 71 convt. and I am considering replacing the horn switch because the adhesive is letting loose in a couple of little spots.

Has anyone here undertaken this task and how much of a pain was it?

I may be able to squeeze a little glue under the bad spot and let it ride because it still works fine.

Furthermore:

"SWITCH ASSY, HORN BLOWING, REPRO, PRETESTED AT MANUFACTURER, NOT LIABLE FOR DAMAGE CAUSED DURING INSTALLATION"

$85

http://www.therimblowbuddy.com/

I had them do my steering wheel 2088. But the wood trim was shot, as were the inserts. Looks almost brand new, but the 3 spoke plastic is puffed out from aging. So until someone in China makes a new mold, it will have to do.

Under a grand...lol.

Best thing on my car...until I get the motor in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, I am looking at purchasing the rimblowbuddy switch, already have it tagged as a favorite, just wondered if anyone here has attempted it. I have watched the replacement on Youtube and it really doesn't look too bad.

To purchase a rebuilt steering wheel is around a grand to have it rebuilt is $400.00 to $600.00.

Do your homework - apples to apples - the 2 switches are WAY different

I have the same switch NPD has for 105.00 it has the lip that locks it in.

James, yes there is a disclaimer from NPD, I put a disclaimer note in the box too as I OHM test them before we ship them.

Have had people pinch and or puncture the switch during install - then send it back claiming it was defective.

Don

I have a RimBlow steering wheel in my 71 convt. and I am considering replacing the horn switch because the adhesive is letting loose in a couple of little spots.

I may be able to squeeze a little glue under the bad spot and let it ride because it still works fine.
If it works - glue it -

Don

Rule #1. Ask Don.

Rule #2. Remember rule #1.

James, yes there is a disclaimer from NPD, I put a disclaimer note in the box too as I OHM test them before we ship them.

Have had people pinch and or puncture the switch during install - then send it back claiming it was defective.

Don

If it works - glue it -

Don

If it works - glue it -

Don
Thanks Don, it looks like I may have to re-valuate my purchase. I did not realize that there was any significant difference in the switches.

Guy's don't get me wrong here

I have not used this switch.

It may be great but I dislike the way the ad is.

It starts out how other switches are bad and theirs is great

But at the end of the add it says...

"PLEASE NOTE) "AS WITH ANY AUTOMOTIVE ELECTRICAL PART THERE IS A NO RETURN POLICY ON THIS PART. THE SWITCHES ARE TESTED, VERIFIED AND SEALED PRIOR TO LEAVING THE SHOP."

Mine are from Daniel Carpenter

Yes they are imported

As far as I know there are

Daniels switches

An Australian made version

Now this glue in version

Biggest problem with the switch install is kinking the thin copper contacts, once it is kinked switch is no good

Latest posts

Back