Ringtone immaturity

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are all kinds of beeps and boops that modern smartphones can belt out these days. Once during a meeting one of my junior NCO's let this e-mail alert fly out. Talk about a jaw dropper.

Intentions aside, it was about the most unprofessional think you could have imagined.

There is a time and place for everything. Sadly, most people these days have little regard for anyone else other than themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
INSPRIRATION!!!!

Gawd this is a great thread! or for extra banning points I should say "GOD"

I've read all the content...and I'm inspired to be the person I like to be ... a FUN person. I enjoy people and I enjoy being nice to them and receiving the same. To the Jackleggs of the earth...I enjoy toying with them. As one person stated I was on the inside track with cell phones having a brick and little special carry bag that you had to have to hall that baby around ...NEVER dropped a call :D!

I had a guy work for me and his tone was as best as I can clean it up. "Niggah ansahhhh tha muff ucking phone....bit*(h anssahhh tha MUFF uking phone" well as it turns out the voice was a recorded one from his bit*(H as he referred to her. After more than a few uncomfortable moments in front of customers... I finally axed him to turn it off around customers. He did, deep down he was a good kid. However I do think its not polite to have your phone on in certain public situations. Otherwise I never want to be so self promoted important or stagnate in life that little things like a cell phone tone that is not what I choose be a bother to me in life. Furthermore I hope to always have a fun heart. Too many other obstructions that give any individual ample opportunity not to enjoy THIS day GOD has given you.

I truly am inspired to walk into one of Kits shops where he may be.... strategically before hand ask folks to call me at the appropriate time.

First I'll start with the Muppets....git him all geared up follow up with 8 just to pizz' him off....add number 3 just for fun I'll use number 10 ....and when he starts turning red I'll have my 17 year old call.....in ole number 1 (hers and my favorite) just to see if he wants to act all badazz.

Enjoy life its a bit shorter than we perceive!

That's the problem with people today...everybody thinks is is thier right have any kind of "fun" they want to at any time, in any place at any time of day or night, with no regard for those around them.

I am all for unbridled fun and enthusiasm, but there is a time and place for everything.

What is funny and entertaining to one person could just as easily be annoying and offensive to another.

Anyone who doesn't care about discomforting or annoying those around them is just selfish.

There have been several instances over the years of inconsiderate customers who come to one of my shops with thier bass-thumping obscenity-spewing music blasting from thier stereos annoying all my other customers who are there at the time. I have no problem asking them to turn it down to a reasonable level...what I consider to be reasonable...ONE TIME.

If they don't, I immediately refuse them service and tell them to leave.

If I lose that "customer" because of it...I don't care. My other customers appreciate someone who is concerned about thier comfort and respect and tell me so.

Just because it is everybody's "right" to act like a jackass in public whenever the mood strikes them doesn't mean others have to like it.

I think you misunderstood me. It isn't that I was defending the wildly inappropriate ringtone going off in front of others, it was that I find any ringtone inappropriate in the situations you have described. Even a simple ringtone has no place in a meeting, a church, a funeral etc. Yes, some are worse than others, but that requires to fine a dividing line for my taste.

You know few years ago, I would fully agree that ring tones getting out of controll, but i noticed around here the ring tone music thing is just dieing out...I rarely get bothered or hear many phones where i go, only in the store do i hear one going off " But even that is rare" Maybe people are just more considerate in my area? lol . Mostly i see people digging in pockets with out hearing a noise, even most kids i see now just dig a phone out and text with no ring tone at all " just instant message bleep or buzz" . I know loud stereo's have def dropped off here... In the 90's too 2000's, stereo's would come by just shaking my house apart!! I really never hear them much anymore...At every stop light, i use to hear..BOOM BOOM! Not anymore. They have pretty much dried up here. thing about some loud personal fad's they like to die out, and you look pretty silly sitting at a stop light booming your stereo now days.." same with standing in line with a ugly ring tone"

I have never heard a cell phone go off at our church, or at work with a inappropriate ring tone for a long long time.Everyone keeps there cells turned off...Been a while sense i even heard a loud nasty ring tone... I only had a few ring tones i ever used before the fad died out, I had johnny Horton..The battle of New Orleans loaded as my ringer..lol...Kinda for shock value, everyone expect some rock or metal to come out of my phone..and when i would get a ring..It would start out with banjo's!! But hey, give it time and it will die out " OR GET WORSE" lmao but here i dont hear it as much...You all working around alot of kids ? ;) I would say noise polution has dropped in my area 50-75% sence early 2000. I would hear boom boom boom every day..Morning noon and night..It nice and quite and peacefull right now as i type this..lol...now when i hear boom boom, I'm like.that is a dinasour!! " Just never hear it anymore around here" Back in 2000's i could not stand outside with out hearing multi boomers all over town.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not everyone loves the sound of a big V8 engine, so I grant grace when people annoy me in hopes that it is granted back to me. Especially since I also have a ducati with an aftermarket muffler.

Back