Rocker Panel Stainless Molding

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
2010 Ford F150 Screw
2010 Buick Lacrosse
2002 Triumph Trophy
1972 Mustang Grande
1954 Ford F100
This question is for all of you vendors. I decided to give up trying to buff out my rocker panel moldings and I am going to go ahead and buy a repop. Is there any brand that looks better and performs better or are all of them pretty much made by the same people. Any of you guys installed them and can give me reccomendations, it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Are you asking about the Decor Group moldings or the standard moldings?
I was wondering the same thing... I believe one of them is reproduced (i wouldn´t bet in "similar to original ones" and the other one isn´t)

I don´t even know if im right but that´s my 5 cent!

I have a 72 coupe. I assume that the one thats repopped is for the coupe. I am trying to decide whether or not to take my orignials and have them polish them out. I cannot get them to look like original .

If you have the Decor Option, like the moldings in the pics below, I bought the repo's back in 2010. I think they were $400. I like the quality as they appeared to look just like the originals. The only issue I had was the two pieces in front of the front wheels; the repos were designed with tabs to fit between the seam in the front valence and the front fender, where my original mounted below the seams and did not have tabs that mounted in the seam. I believe the repo was designed for the Mach 1, but not sure. I ended up polishing my old ones for the front.

If you have the molding at the bottom of the rocker panels then I'm not sure if they are reproduced.

DSCF8172.jpg

DSCF8168.jpg

DSCF8166.jpg

I think the rocker moldings are reproduced BUT i wouldn't know i they are for coupes or/and fastback...

My car originally came with rocker moldings.. i know that because one rocker still had the clips when i bought the car... As i changed a little bit my paint scheme for now (this is not a plan to keep forever paintjob) i[ve decided to eliminate the moldings... in my case it was for economical reasons :p

Rcker moldings i believe are standard and therefore not as easy to find as mach 1 repos.... but you may wanna check with Don at OMS... If there are a way to get them, he knows...

I think I will take my original one with me over to Johns mustang and compare them. No, my rocker molding is just the one under the door. Not the front fender or the rear quarter. I see you have a filler for the space on your rear bumper. I assume the are rubber like the front ones. Where do you get those?

I think I will take my original one with me over to Johns mustang and compare them. No, my rocker molding is just the one under the door. Not the front fender or the rear quarter. I see you have a filler for the space on your rear bumper. I assume the are rubber like the front ones. Where do you get those?
The filler's for the rear bumper on my 73 are the original ones. They were removed and painted off the car and were in good condition. Not sure those are reproduced.

Latest posts

Back