Roller tip rockers

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am running harlan-sharpe roller rockers and need the tall valve covers. I believe ford raceing sell the rollers that are the bolt in type. When I go to my shop tomorrow i will see if I can fing my frcc catalog and get you the part number.

Jim

I had crane roller rockers on a 351C with stock covers in my XA coupe,

they came as a kit so the pedestals didn't need to be machined, they had a pushrod guide plate that fits on to the pedestal, making it flat you then put the stud in and your ready for the rollers....

this is what I'm talking about,

http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/crn-52655-16/overview/make/ford

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys,

I ran the PAW roller tip rockers on my first Cleveland build. I had (3) that went bad after a few thousand miles and then went to comp cams fully roller rockers and never looked back. The comp cam product has very good price compared to H&S, Moroso, etc.

Thanks, Jay

I have Crane Gold Race rockers in the standard size. Anodized gold alum with needle bearing fulcrums and roller tips. They are under the Ansen alum valve covers with ribbed top like the Boss came with. I wouldnt call them tall covers but prob a bit more space than the stamped steel? I have no clearance issues with the rockers and the oil baffles did not need to be modified. They make a nice quiet ticking sound when running. Like a swiss watch. I know there are needle bearing tips available from some mfg's now...like Jesel. But the prices are up there with Carrillo rods, Crower cams, and Kaase heads. I run hydraulic roller lifters but the cam is not too aggressive so my spring rates dont test the strength of the rockers.

Back