Rust Bullet

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Sport Roof
How much rust bullet should I buy to cover the floor pans, deck under the rear seat, ceiling, and the underbody? Edit: www.rustbullet.com has many different sizes, should I get a couple quarts, or maybe the gallon size?

Last edited by a moderator:
How much rust bullet should I buy to cover the floor pans, deck under the rear seat, ceiling, and the underbody? Edit: www.rustbullet.com has many different sizes, should I get a couple quarts, or maybe the gallon size?
Steve,

You need at least a gallon but i would buy the quarts..Much easier to use it that way & it will stay much better than a gallon can. Also keep the open can in a zip lock bag after use...Trust me on that ! I like the path you heading on your stang..One thing though is the c stripe..The angle of the front part should be more angled (not straight) & if you look at the boss, the top stripe ends at the edge of the door not past it . Try it that way it will look better for sure ! I've been super busy with the Camaro & I'm going to post some pics soons but I did the same thing with the blackout treatment It looks freaking awsome..I just sent the glass out for tint as soon as it's back & in I'll post some pics !

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait to see the pics Scott! Yah, after seeing Flatback's photoshop skills I'm pretty excited. I want to emulate the Boss c-stripe so I'll definately sweat the details when I do it.

Also, thanks for the Rust Bullet tips. I'm going to do the interior portions first, then when I scrape the underbody I'll buy a couple more quarts. Damn budgets! I just want to get the whole thing done at once! I'm impatient.

Steve,

You need at least a gallon but i would buy the quarts..Much easier to use it that way & it will stay much better than a gallon can. Also keep the open can in a zip lock bag after use...Trust me on that !
x2! I haven't used nearly as much as I thought I would by now, and I've had to open the gallon can I bought 3 times now - to which the lid is starting to look rather ragged out.

Next time - quart cans. LOL!

Back