Sail panel parts

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n_reckless

Reaction score
My Car
'72 Mach 1
[url=https://ibb.co/n0k1tJg][img]https://i.ibb.co/xs5gdTC/42440948-10216406433904294-5071779102906646528-n.jpg[/img][/url]
Hey,

I need some help with my sail panels. They keep falling off and I noticed that I'm missing something under the sail panels. These are some kind of extensions of the interior quarter trims and they're holding the bottom of the sail panels.

Can anybody tell me what's the name of these trims/parts?

Thanks so much!

Last edited by a moderator:
There is basically a small square piece of material (same material as the sail panel) with a hole in it to slide a door panel clip in it, glued to the back side of the sail panel. The clip gets pushed into a hole, this holds the panel in place. My new sail panels didn’t come with the small piece, I had to use my old ones. Hope this helps. Ryan

Well each of my sail panels has a hole for a screw at the center what holds the panel. To be exact: it won't fell off.It just simply bended that's why I'm looking for that part at the bottom so it would keep the lower edge of the sail panel from bending. My car is at my mechanic now but as soon as I check on him I'll take a pics how mine looks like with the bended sail panel.

But there's a pic from another car. I'm looking for the highlighted piece or it's name.

Sorry about that, I misunderstood which parts you were referring too. They are called1971-1973 Mustang Fastback Interior Rear Sail Trim Panels. The ones that you need are not available new. I got mine used from Don at Ohio Mustang. Ryan

Sorry about that, I misunderstood which parts you were referring too. They are called1971-1973 Mustang Fastback Interior Rear Sail Trim Panels. The ones that you need are not available new. I got mine  used from Don at Ohio Mustang. Ryan
That's it thanks.

Back