Saved Another Rare One...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep you gona have to build a garage with lift so you can clean them easily, lol. One more and it becomes a hoard they tell me, lol. Great find for you corral.
That's it... She is giving me the eye these day's, so a man has got to know when enough is enough. LOL
You just need to buy the wife a nice shiny new vehicle and then you're good to go.  Bought my wife a pearl white Lincoln Navigator L after the '71 Mach 1 429, and then I proceeded to buy a second weekend car afterward.  I'm in the same boat as you, two car garage and I wouldn't mind picking up a third car.  I don't like the storage units around my area, but in a pinch they would do.  Some cities have upscale storage facilities that are even climate-controlled, but not here (nothing car-sized anyway).  Looking at a house with an attached two-car garage plus a nice standalone two-car garage at the end of the driveway.  Anyway, this car looks incredible and is certainly a rare combination.  I also follow the GTO / 442 / GS crowd and I have seen those Hurst badges added to just about anything.  I believe they were used on certain Hurst Olds models, but that's about it.

Good call. She is well looked after and we are in the process of buying a new home. I may have to forgo more then a two car garage, but she will be happy with the house... The garage in question is big enough and tall enough to allow me to put a lift in, voila, three car's no problem. For now, I am renting a house and I will be renting a storage unit for this winter to put one car in... No other choice. I believe the early '80's slap stick Hurst Pontiac's also had these badges... I actually would not mind it if it was on the dash of the interior, but not the trunk lid... 

Well, nice to get the Cobrahet emblems off the hood... The “Hurst Equipped” emblem on the trunk lid is proving to be more of a challenge to remove. I think I’ll wait until next Spring and worry about it then. That one did not bother me as much as the Cobrajet emblem’s in the middle of the hood. Spent the afternoon giving her a wax. This is probably the nicest running and rust free Mustang I have ever owned right from the get go. Starts immediately every time. Somebody stored this car nicely for many year’s...

Last edited by a moderator:
Look at how nicely the scoops fits the hood with its nice and straight shape, the perfect fender line.

Gorgeous!

As it looks like a genuine time machine, I'd be very interested to see interior details (close ups), if you have time and want to waste some space on your phone of course...

Great car! You sure know how to pick them, sorry I said anything negative. I just thought it was another one of those goofy dealers. Glad it turned out to be everything and more than you expected. Had to be a bit nerve racking to wait for that long.

It sure does look better with that emblem off the hood. Well done!

Great car! You sure know how to pick them, sorry I said anything negative. I just thought it was another one of those goofy dealers. Glad it turned out to be everything and more than you expected. Had to be a bit nerve racking to wait for that long.

It sure does look better with that emblem off the hood. Well done!
Hey, no worries. I still took a chance buying it sightb unseen. Under the car is just as nice, however, the spray bomb paint on the exhaust and certain undercarriage areas is a real bummer... I’m in the midst of a move and winter storage, so this will have to wait.

Look at how nicely the scoops fits the hood with its nice and straight shape, the perfect fender line.

Gorgeous!

As it looks like a genuine time machine, I'd be very interested to see interior details (close ups), if you have time and want to waste some space on your phone of course...
Tell me exactly what you want see and I will take some pics. The interior is still completely original. Being a California car, the only blemishes are a small crack on the corner of the dash pad and of course a couple small cracks in the steering wheel. Otherwise, looks great.

You will have to update your username now. 7173vertcoupe? How about 7173coupede'vert? Spellcheck makes this difficult. 

Seriously, congratulations.
Good catch! I would go with “CoVert”, but I can’t figure out how to update my username on the site...
If you'd really like to do that, drop me a PM - I can hook that up.

Nice car, BTW! ::thumb::

Back