seat belt warning light/buzzer

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No I don't have the wiring and I have not been able to find one. It appears though that the backup switch used the same connector for that switch however the connector to the main harness is dfferent. Midlife may have that connector and you could splice it on this one and it would make your system functional if you don't have any other unknown issues. I see some backup light harness where the switch connector that is 90* or straight out for the wire. The 90* fitting is the correct one. Attaching a pic of the one that I found on E-bay and you could ask the seller the inside diameter of the connector and how far apart the 2 pins are, if they are the same it should work.

here is a link to the part.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/87-93-MUSTANG-5-0-5-SPEED-BACK-UP-LIGHT-HARNESS-OEM-88-89-90-91-92-93-RACE-302-/321969559991?hash=item4af6e199b7:g:K8kAAOSwHnFVnxrh&vxp=mtr

s-l1600.jpg

This project has been a pain since the start but I just wanted to take a second to give a shout out to all of the forum members that have tried to help me make this work. Randy(midlife)and Don(OMS) have been very helpful even over the top helpful and I truly appreciate all they have contributed. Jbojo and Jeff8877 have also brought a great amount of knowledge to the table and I appreciate their input and help. Anybody else I've forgotten Thanks for everything. Although I haven't completed this futile and to some degree stupid project I know with all of your support I will soon hear that annoying buzz and see that seat belt warning light again. Thanks all of you in advance. Frank

No I don't have the wiring and I have not been able to find one. It appears though that the backup switch used the same connector for that switch however the connector to the main harness is dfferent. Midlife may have that connector and you could splice it on this one and it would make your system functional if you don't have any other unknown issues. I see some backup light harness where the switch connector that is 90* or straight out for the wire. The 90* fitting is the correct one. Attaching a pic of the one that I found on E-bay and you could ask the seller the inside diameter of the connector and how far apart the 2 pins are, if they are the same it should work.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/87-93-MUSTANG-5-0-5-SPEED-BACK-UP-LIGHT-HARNESS-OEM-88-89-90-91-92-93-RACE-302-/321969559991?hash=item4af6e199b7:g:K8kAAOSwHnFVnxrh&vxp=mtr
Thanks for looking but I think I may have a line on an original one. But I'll keep this in mind just encase. Thanks for your help. Frank

Last edited by a moderator:

In a pinch, I could work with that!

I probably have one if your other lead falls thru

Thanks Don I'll let you know what happens.

In a pinch, I could work with that!
Ok I think Jeff has one and I'm waiting to hear from him. Thanks all I'll let you know.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found a box with two of them.

Plus a bunch of other harness goodies

002.JPG

003.JPG

Well this project is finally coming together. I struck out with Jeff but Don had the harness and everything is coming together. My annoying buzzer and light works now but without the switch in the circuit it is activated in all positions of the shifter including neutral. Thankfully OMS had what I needed and at a very reasonable price. Thanks Don.

It's fixed! Thanks to all of you for your help now that annoying buzzer and warning light are working perfectly and shut off in neutral and when I pull the seat belts out from the retractors. Yahoo! Thanks go out to Don from Ohio Mustang supply and Randy from Midlife Harness restoration and Jeff73mach1 and anybody else who pitched in to help me make this happen. Thank you all so much. Now to move on to the next electrical gremlin.

Back