So, do you STILL want an Electric car?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ummm...that's a fake post. It was recorded in in 2013 in Russia when a truck carrying propane cylinders caught fire. See a thread in the Concours Mustang Forum entitled "When EV's Collide"

Hemikiller just beat me to the punch!

Don't believe everything you read on the 'net, unless it comes from me! :giggle:

Well guy, confession time. I knew it was a fake, as far as being electric cars go, but thought I'd have a bit of fun with you and see what reaction it got. It was sent to me by a friend who just loves to try to get me going. (he did for a while until I looked carefully at it).
I've seen videos of electric cars blowing up and it's just one big explosion. I still wouldn't want one though until better batteries are developed and the politicians and media stop lying to us about "zero pollution" and all the other BS they are shoving down our throats. There's nothing wrong with electric motors, I'm all for that, but lithium batteries are not the way to go.
On a side note, I watched an electric supercar (on tv) go up the Goodwood hill course at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in 44 seconds, zero to 60 mph in 1.7 seconds.......... now, that's a rocket ship! And yeah, I suppose it was powered by a lithium battery.

Check out the future in school buses. They come with a fire extinguisher and nice chrome safety rails.

I still won't get one!
Dinosaurs 🦖 became expendable at some point . Horses got replaced by ICE vehicles and so on. I love my classic cars but time waits for nobody. I like the instant acceleration of performance electric cars. There are lots of hurdles to work out. We will see what happens. I’m not telling ANYONE they should drive a electric car.

Attachments

• f150.jpg
    f150.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • f150a.jpg
    f150a.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • f150b.jpg
    f150b.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • f150c.jpg
    f150c.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Ask somebody who purchased an F-150 lighting that tried towing something more than 100 miles. The real issue with going electric is that there is not enough known lithium reserves on planet Earth to support a complete change over to battery power. You can also ask all the kids working the cobalt mines in the Congo about the joys of an electric future.

Ron

It's not like we are living in a country that has something like the Autobahn where you can go whatever Top Speed and or Acceleration your car possesses and lots of times still get pulled over by the Polizei, LOL! I remember in the 70's me driving in the Fast Lane going 140 mph and seeing cars driven by U. S. Personnel in the far right lane probably being too afraid driving faster than 55mph they were used to!
Unless the U. S. Government raises the Speed Limit (which will probably never happen) I will tucker along with the posted Speed Limits! Sorry for being a little off the original topic!!

Back