Solenoid mess

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That does look a little different than mine!

DSCF9454.jpg

Djsconnect everything, take pics, clean all wires and contacts. Note where everythimg.goes.and put.it all bavk together

Djsconnect everything, take pics, clean all wires and contacts. Note where everythimg.goes.and put.it all bavk together
You might want to take pictures (FIRST) LOL, before disconnecting everything.

I agree that it will probably be more "pleasing" to you to clean it all up.

BT

Was it working before?

Are you restarting the motor after a rebuild (need to break in). If so, and if you are close, then I would wait until you get the motor broken in. You don't want to be cranking and cranking a non-broke in motor while you figure out what might be wrong. My 2 cents.

Was it working before?

Are you restarting the motor after a rebuild (need to break in). If so, and if you are close, then I would wait until you get the motor broken in. You don't want to be cranking and cranking a non-broke in motor while you figure out what might be wrong. My 2 cents.
That makes alot of sense. One reason why I didn't swap ignition/coil and anything else was to eliminate the number of reasons if it doesn't fire right up. Think I'll hold off on this until she's running well.

Thanks for the input, guys!

Here's how tried to clean up my solenoid. I agree that you should just leave it for now until you know everything works.

100_4728.jpg

Back