Something failed

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sheared off camshaft locating pins do happen, not pretty if it happens, kind of strange nobody here has heard of this. Solid roller cam, lots of lift, stiff springs, lots of harmonics, one little pin and little bolt holding it together, a extra camshaft locating pin could be cheap insurance. I would also look at the camshaft retaining bolt size. I myself would want to use a larger than stock cam retaining bolt. This is stuff you can ask your machinist about.

Well, I am still waiting on parts so I took a few minutes, found a free version of Desktop Dyno and plugged in as much information as I could. While I imagine the program is going to be a little bit optimistic, it does seem to suggest I am on the right track.

29uugx4.jpg

Parts are here! I hope to get the machine work on the block finished in the next 2 weeks and then . . . . buy stock in BF Goodrich!
Damn it - I always back the wrong horse.

I bought stock in the paper company that makes tickets for the TN highway patrol :mad:

Back