sometimes u gotta surprise her

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonEvenson

Reaction score
My Car
This is a 1 of 51, on the Marti Report 71 Sportsroof (Fastback) Mustang show car Grabber Green Mettallic Z code paint, 3W deluxe white interior, Matching #s 351 Cleveland and FMX auto transmission. This is a show quality car, that needs very little to be perfect. Updates are as follows: Edelebrock intake & Carb. Flowmaster Exhaust, Petronix electronic ignition, white face gauges with green LED'S, pioneer MP3/USB and much more.
20130514_141655.jpg

Surprised my wife with a 1965 Thunderbird (her dream car) for her Birthday, Mothers Day, and for dealing with me all these years

;)

Looks great, I've always had a soft spot for the 64/65 T-Birds! I remember back around 1966 my sister brought a slightly used one home for a test drive. I thought it was great. I really like the interior too. She ended up ordering a new 66 Pontiac LeMans Convertible.

How about some interior pics and some tail light pics.

Looks great, very nice car. Post some more pics to include showing off those wheels.

PS. I move this thread to Other Vehicles.

Niiiiice!

My 'rents had one when I turned the magical age of 16, and I loved the black 65 T-bird. Very comfortable driving, had lots of torque, and fun to drive. Gas mileage kinda sucked, though... I'd love to get one for myself.

Very, very nice! For some reason, when I first saw the pic, I was thinking Comet. But what do I know?

I've always loved the T-birds. My dad drove me from Minnesota to Montana with an almost brand new '69, I think, putting his legs up on the front seat and accelerating and decelerating with controls on the steering wheel. I thought it was magic. lmao

Thanks for the post!

Thanks guys! The pic makes the car look a lot nicer than it really is, but I got a pretty good deal on it considering. The drivers side rear quarter has a patch panel, and some various bondo areas on the both sides. It does have low miles on rebuilt motor and transmission, with all the Edelebrock goodies & accell ignition, Flowmaster exhaust, and 20" wheels. The paint is Q code Brittany blue mettallic, and the interior is fair, but most of all my wife loves it, and I am looking forward to the two of us working on it together. Glad we don't have to replace the headliner though, because we almost killed each other trying to replace the one in the mustang (I had never heard her cuss so much)

20130515_115252.jpg

20130515_115225.jpg

20130514_141727.jpg

Pretty car Ron, Looks like same color my 73 will be!
The Brittany blue is a great color (classy & tough looking) I think it would look awesome on your Mustang

Looks great, very nice car. Post some more pics to include showing off those wheels.

PS. I move this thread to Other Vehicles.
I will post some better pics of the wheels & put em in the garage section. I'm usually not a big fan of the huge rims, especially on the older cars, but these actually look decent & it still handles great.

Do not let my wife find out about this......

Nice Car

T2

That's not the first time I have heard that

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I will post some better pics of the wheels & put em in the garage section. I'm usually not a big fan of the huge rims, especially on the older cars, but these actually look decent & it still handles great.
I didn't notice the size from the first pic, just that they were aftermarket. The car looks nice though and the wife's happy. Cool that she's right there with you to work on it.

Thanks for posting more pictures. Gotta love that rear view! I won't tell my wife either. She is still waiting for me to surprise with a 65 Mustang!

Nice Ron....My first car was almost a baby blue 64 T-bird with a 390...It was my dads and he thought about selling it too me as my first car...But he got rid of it before i was old enough...I love the old slide away steering wheel for easy stepping out...And T-birds wrap around back seats just look cool. {thumbs up}

Latest posts

Back